FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: what happened to the honey holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6130 times)

fishaholictaz

Re: what happened to the honey holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 20, 2011, 12:14 AM »
Very cool thanks man 8)
Take a kid fishing! 

fish4lunch

« Reply #31 on: Apr 21, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Public is just that. Sharing it is another story. I've always been happy to share hunting/fishing spots because I want others to share in succeeding like I do. I've had them stand right next to me, use the same rig, and I will still outfish them!! So I figure . . . what's the harm?
Actually, One of my favorite spots used to be Pickaroon. 25 years ago you could be one of maybe two camps there on a holidday like Labor Day. Now, you can walk accross the whole site jumping from 5er to 5er! The fishing has suffered. People don't follow the rules. I caught some guys using live bait there once, and they kept on going even after I "educated" them.  They soon left after I started writing down their vehicle description and license plate! Respect for all outdoors is often ignored, so we seek out more and more remote areas and keep them closer to the vest.
Personally, I blame better roads for easier access to the BMW" and "Cadilac" outdoorsmen.

GRIZLEE

• Let's go fishin!
« Reply #32 on: Apr 21, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Fishing is a sport that many people can enjoy without spending hundreds of dollars.

Have you seen the price of gas!!! :o :o :o Only going to get worse, too

jopes

« Reply #33 on: Apr 21, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Have you seen the price of gas!!! :o :o :o Only going to get worse, too

that just means any waters closer to your home will be fished even harder.

Fishwhisperer307

« Reply #34 on: Apr 22, 2011, 04:15 PM »
wow talk about alot of feed back hahaha to be honest the river isn't even a huge deal to me i guess its relevant with all the ice gone off all the lakes. alot of the guys you talk to on the river probabaly dont know about MFF because its not as well known as shanty .....when you were on the ice at sloans or curt gowdy i bet alot of people you talked to were atleast familiar with shanty. i guess on the ice is where i noticed the difference. for instance if there were 3 or 4 big fish pictures from alsop from a given week or day i would bet by that weekend there would be way more people fishing it than if the pictures were never posted. My main point is that  in an area like the one i fish sites like this can hurt the fishing, not sayin the fishing is ruined by these sites or that this site is the reason for slow fishing but just that it can hurt the fishing. not to mention the laramie area  fishing is just in decline anyways alsop,twin buttes and meebor are pretty much dead.

Fishwhisperer307

« Reply #35 on: Apr 22, 2011, 04:30 PM »
The territorial prison hole is not a honey hole lol. I'm a towner laramie river fisher and yet to see people at multiple places I fish and I post. Also peoples honey holes aren't called honey holes for no reason your prob not the first or last that consider that hole their own honey hole same one your thinking  of and fishing.  There are holes everywhere just gotta be willing to walk of course the holes you can drive up to are always going to get pounded lots of public land out there if people are willing to use their legs. Fish move then you must move.
hahahahaha come on bro you know i dont think the territorial hole is my honey hole lol ive only fished that for suckers. ya but honestly how much of the river through town is actually public is the question ........ some of the holes us locals have been hitting for years could be private. almost all the river accesses you can drive to, theres only a couple walk in areas on the river. not to mention all the private water between here and woodslanding.

wyo10

« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2011, 03:36 PM »
good point bro, just stop showing all ur friends and cousin sean all my sweet honey holes. lol jk but hit me up sometime and we should go fish the river at the company pond, been pulling some slabs  out and have found a few whitetail and muley sheds

Fishwhisperer307

« Reply #37 on: Apr 27, 2011, 04:14 PM »
nice man just let me know when you got a tuesday or thursday off and we can go shoot the 17's and catch some river monsters lol

dtm

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 07:50 AM »
Gellatt out by hattie is a perfect example of a ruined honey hole. I was there all weekend. It was busy but the best part: No green license plates!

fishaholictaz

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 08:53 AM »
The main reason there is so much pressure out there is because Alsop is fly only and the other plains lakes keep winter killing...
Take a kid fishing! 

dtm

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 07:18 AM »
I believe that alsop winter killed. Gellatt grew some very big fish which I think is the draw to it.

fishaholictaz

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Alsop only had a partial kill...
Take a kid fishing! 

dtm

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 07:44 AM »
I wonder if its even worth given look. You been out there at all?

fishaholictaz

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 11:47 PM »
I have talked to g&f and it is supposed to be holding good numbers of fish... I love the alsop trout they are very good fighters. I lost two ice rods out there this year both times rods were in holders...
Take a kid fishing! 

Fishwhisperer307

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 01:01 AM »
The main reason there is so much pressure out there is because Alsop is fly only and the other plains lakes keep winter killing...
ya but there are a good number of fly fisherman that go out there too and the average size in there is ridiculous lol twin buttes didnt winter kill this year the fish they put in there survived ....all 2000 of them lol i know when they gill netted Alsop they didnt catch anything but supposedly they talked to some guys fishing from the shore that haD either hooked or caught a fish. i cant wait till these lakes comeback to there former glory!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.