FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wyoming Off Topic Thread  (Read 61364 times)

er-e-is

Re: Wyoming Off Topic Thread
« Reply #60 on: Jun 30, 2012, 07:44 AM »
37,000 acres as of 10:00pm

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #61 on: Jul 03, 2012, 02:24 PM »
The Arapahoe fire outside of wheatland was last reported at about 60 square miles.  It grew that big from 5 square miles in one night.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #62 on: Jul 03, 2012, 02:40 PM »
found this website to show how much has been burned and how much is contained thought a few might enjoy.
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
« Reply #63 on: Jul 03, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Snowies are starting to flam up. Sheep mountain and woods landing just got lit. Don't know how bad but hope they can directed it away from the main mountains if not, :o oboy we are in for a fire of my generation. The Yellowstone fire in 1988 doesn't even have a drop in the bucket to what is about to happen.
No one left behind  

lingrus

« Reply #64 on: Jul 12, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Another Big Horn scouting trip.

A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into.

er-e-is

« Reply #65 on: Jul 12, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Another 6 weeks of growing, he might be a good one.

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
« Reply #66 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Wyoming Game and Fish budget article. Worth reading to see what the future may hold, or to throw around ideas and give feedback.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming-game-and-fish-faces-budget-shortfall/article_398f33af-4c5f-5782-8513-a9a56a221ca8.html

bbkyle35

« Reply #67 on: Aug 01, 2012, 05:03 PM »
I honestly think hunting and fishing licenses, permits, and registrations should be raised, like doubled. Compared to the amount of money a person spends on gas and gear, a $40 fishing license is nothing. The guys that will quit fishing from a price raise are the guys that are just anti-game and fish know-it-alls, which honestly are the guys that cause conservation problems anyways.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
« Reply #68 on: Aug 01, 2012, 09:24 PM »
I honestly think hunting and fishing licenses, permits, and registrations should be raised, like doubled. Compared to the amount of money a person spends on gas and gear, a $40 fishing license is nothing. The guys that will quit fishing from a price raise are the guys that are just anti-game and fish know-it-alls, which honestly are the guys that cause conservation problems anyways.

The out of state friend who sent me this despises the fact he has to hire a guide to hunt wilderness and thinks more tags would be sold if it wasn't the case. This could be good, or bad considering it could lead to more people in your favorite wilderness hunting spot. I think they should crack down on the law breakers harder and be able to auction off weapons, ATV's, vehicles etc used in game violations, with all proceeds going to the G&F ;D

I would also be willing to pay more for some tags, especially limited quota tags. I say "some" tags because I'd have a hard time paying double to hunt some of the general areas I do, especially if I'm spending the majority of the season concentrating on a limited quota tag for another species somewhere else. For example, right now if I draw a limited quota tag in a good area for say antelope or deer (doesn't happen often  ;D), I will usually spend the majority of my season hunting that tag, but will usually buy a general elk also, just to have. If that general elk cost twice as much I might pass on it all together if I already have a better tag for another species somewhere else. Maybe a solution would be higher prices on the limited quota tags only, while leaving the generals the same... I don't know, just throwing it out there. Some hard decisions may have to be made in the near future.

bbkyle35

« Reply #69 on: Aug 01, 2012, 10:06 PM »
I think they should crack down on the law breakers harder and be able to auction off weapons, ATV's, vehicles etc used in game violations, with all proceeds going to the G&F ;D

Don't quote me on it, but I think fines dealed out go into the same funds as an other type of ticket, not back into the game and fish. Wardens can only enforce the two game and fish sections of the Wyoming constitution, but sheriffs and such can enforce everything. Changing that would probably help quite a bit if thats the case.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #70 on: Aug 02, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Tax truck drivers on I-80.  Make it a toll.  Make 5-10% of the proceeds go to WY G/F.  

Rest goes wherever, maybe to fix the roads I've read in the past they are considering this to fund road repairs.

appleye

« Reply #71 on: Aug 02, 2012, 06:03 PM »
All citations in Wyoming go to the School Distric of the area. The only ones that keep fines are municipalities.

eyewinder

Matter of perspective again. . .
« Reply #72 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:52 AM »
If the fishing license price were doubled, you would see a substantial dip in sales.  I know a guy (hm-m-m-m) whose wife fishes with him a couple times each summer.  They're both retired.  Money is an object.  If prices were doubled:
1)  Do you think she would continue to fish with him?
2)  Do you think he would continue to buy her license for one or two trips, if she did want to continue fishing with him?

If Game & Fish wants to eliminate crowding on public waters, best way would be to multiply price of permits.  Don't know how that would affect total monies, but you might be surprised.

And we need to be very careful of generalizations (lumping all in with a few). . .generalizations don't add a lot of credibility to our posts.  Don't assume that the less vocal have the same agendas as the noisy ones.

wyofarmer

• MFF Mod Team
  • Rest in peace LT
Re: Matter of perspective again. . .
« Reply #73 on: Aug 13, 2012, 03:58 PM »
If the fishing license price were doubled, you would see a substantial dip in sales.  I know a guy (hm-m-m-m) whose wife fishes with him a couple times each summer.  They're both retired.  Money is an object.  If prices were doubled:
1)  Do you think she would continue to fish with him?
2)  Do you think he would continue to buy her license for one or two trips, if she did want to continue fishing with him?

If Game & Fish wants to eliminate crowding on public waters, best way would be to multiply price of permits.  Don't know how that would affect total monies, but you might be surprised.

And we need to be very careful of generalizations (lumping all in with a few). . .generalizations don't add a lot of credibility to our posts.  Don't assume that the less vocal have the same agendas as the noisy ones.

Simple economics. The higher the taxes = less money being spent = less tax revenue....Lower taxes = more money spent = more tax revenue.

tmeyer

« Reply #74 on: Aug 13, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Another Big Horn scouting trip.

Seein anything for elk up there lingrus?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.