FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wyoming Off Topic Thread  (Read 61222 times)

wyofarmer

• MFF Mod Team
  • Rest in peace LT
Re: Wyoming Off Topic Thread
« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2011, 09:48 AM »
Nice collage o death! I love it!!

Matt R.

• Keep a few, but take more photos!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 24, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Thats a neat lookin' bull ;D .

I think his antlers would make a perfect ice-auger mount for a atv. Good work!
I like to fish for all fish!

POk3s

• Hey looky there....I got a bite!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 24, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Yes he was awesome lookin...nearly killed me and my dad as he was only about 6 1/2 miles from the truck...probably only 3 miles as the crow flies but up and down 3 steep long ridges. Started the pack out at 945 the next morning...got back to the truck at 6:45...it was brutal.

I'm a bird huntin' fool now...went sage grouse hunting yesterday and the day before. Went duck/goose hunting today and got into some more bonus grouse. Limited out on grouse 3 days in a row as well as also getting 3 ducks today as well as a goose. Got my puppy his first retrieve today as well! Glad he broke through!
Trent Williams<br /><br />Green River WOLVES<br />Wyoming COWBOYS<br /><br />

olefish

« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2011, 08:29 PM »
My friend and i got a 2 bull 6x6 and 5x6 and an additional cow on Monday.   No giants but the one bulls body was very big. I am in the meat yea.

wyofarmer

• MFF Mod Team
  • Rest in peace LT
« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:12 PM »
Nice job ole! ya, you're in a whole lotta meat with that many carcases

hump

« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2012, 06:54 PM »
anyone use G5 montec broadheads? do you use the practice heads? do you like them?

jopes

« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2012, 07:54 PM »
It ever going to rain again?

POk3s

• Hey looky there....I got a bite!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2012, 10:44 PM »
anyone use G5 montec broadheads? do you use the practice heads? do you like them?

Used them in 2009 and 2010. Had pretty good results until I hit a bull what I thought was high lung. 99% sure as everything was slow motion. Only hit about 4" higher then I wanted to hit. did the happy dance and everything. Would've been by far my biggest bull ever. He ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran. I would lose blood then pick it back up, then lose it then pick it back up. Pretty soon it got less and less. Last spot I found was where he must have finally stopped for a second. Found a pool about as big as a softball. Tracks went down a ridge covered in buck brush. Lost tracks and blood completely. Heartbreaking. No way to know if it was the broad head but it becomes about confidence and I no longer had confidence in that head. Since that day i changed my set up completely to different arrows (heavier) and Shuttle T-Lock heads. Everything i shot last year died within site. 3 antelope and an elk.
Trent Williams<br /><br />Green River WOLVES<br />Wyoming COWBOYS<br /><br />

pooh1000

« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2012, 01:22 PM »
seems like we are done with the rain for the year already! Hope it starts to perk up!

tripwy

« Reply #24 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:57 AM »
So who is going to buy a wolf tag?

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 06, 2012, 02:25 PM »
So who is going to buy a wolf tag?
Still a predator in my book and we have found them in the bighorns ill take one of those before I buy a tag
No one left behind  

jasonfishn

« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2012, 09:33 PM »
AMEN on the preditor save a cyote shoot a wolf  ;D they are nicer lookin make a better mount lol

jasonfishn

« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Hey Hump I shot a few antelope with them I really didnt care for there cutting ability seemed to punch thru and not do alot of damage. I am trying the rage 125 gr this year from what I have seen on tv and the other videos they are some bad mamo jamas  :thumbup_smilie: I use 400 gr arrows too since my bow isnt real fast it drives an arrow in deep usually pass thru.

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
« Reply #28 on: Apr 20, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Anyone take part in archery shoots around the state in the summer? Thinking about doing one or two this summer if I can stay away from my boat or the mountains long enough.

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
« Reply #29 on: Apr 20, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Anyone take part in archery shoots around the state in the summer? Thinking about doing one or two this summer if I can stay away from my boat or the mountains long enough.
Good question does anyone have a schedule or a list out there about the shoots every time I find out about one its over or I made plans already
No one left behind  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.