FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: spring time experts gone,  (Read 7140 times)

crappieman12887

spring time experts gone,
« on: Sep 18, 2004, 11:08 AM »
wheres all the poeple that were posting in the spring,i see time has changed and there waiting for spring again to become an expert again,there still must be some catching crappies so lets post some reports bill

Jigwiggler

Re: spring time experts gone,
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2004, 02:21 PM »
Bill, the spring bite never ended for me.  I've been fortunate enough to catch fantastice numbers on each outing.  Most have been caught on jigs and power grubs in chartruse, white and black.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2004, 04:04 PM »
I don't fish crappies much. Crappies are not harder to catch in the summer, they just are harder to find. They go deeper and will suspend in confined open water. Using minnows or jigs under slipbobbers at the depths the crappies are suspending at will load the boat. You do need sonar to find the schools however. It takes time, but they aren't hard to catch once found.

Tyler

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2004, 06:10 PM »
Here's a batch from August 9th. I'd been getting them all along.

We've been under water so bad it's been almost unfishable the last 3 weeks. They're still there if and when the water clears up a bit.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2004, 01:48 AM »
Just recently I got a chance to go crappie fishing for the first time and when i get my film developed I'll post a pic of my largest crappie a nice 14 3/4 " It was my second of many caught that day let me tell you I am definatly hooked crappies we did great drifting 1/16oz jigs with half a crawler in any where from 20 to 35 fow took a long time to get it to the bottom but 95% of our fish caught were there with the odd one up a few feet when we saw em suspended on the fish finder.I definatly say that electronics are a must if you want to be successful and next time i want to bring some small spinners or small topwater lures and flies 'cause i some some slabs bustin surface like crazy feeding on bugs.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Here's a batch from August 9th. I'd been getting them all along.

RG
Very nice bunch of crappies, MMMMM.  :D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

fastribs85

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2004, 08:14 PM »
im no expert but i havent had a chance to fish been hunting but now hurt my back so the only thing to do is to fish ill let ya know how i do
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Like TrophyHunter, I was introduced to crappies this year (on the same body of water no less).  We've had a lot of fun taking the family fishing on this little reservoir.  Altogether, we caught 5 that were better than 12" with the largest at 14".  I was only skunked on one outing...we were only there for a couple hours.  If you look up my posts in the pictures section, you'll see some of the fish we caught.

Typically, we've used small jigs with pieces of crawler.  After I got a chance to stop at Cabela's in East Grand Forks on our way home from holidays where I was able to pick up small tubes, I have been using them almost exclusively.  On my last outing (Nov. 6) with a couple of friends, I outfished the others sticking with a red/white/clear w/ sparkles tube...no bait...did better than tipping with pieces of crawler or minnow.

I'm far from an expert, but my family and I are definitely hooked on crappies.  They're a lot of fun and to boot I usually don't have to worry as much about whether the kids will hook into something they can't reel in (like a 3' channel cat on the Red River).  I've seen a big sucker and heard of good sized walleyes in this lake too.  Last time out with the family, the 8 year old also caught a 23" northern pike.

Derek

crappieman12887

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2004, 09:17 PM »
i am glad two see that least  every one out there fishing this time of year doesnt clame two be experts,and camo got some nice fish there,i plan on taking the boat out this weekend in search of will post findings ,bill

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2005, 07:32 AM »
the spring time experts are coming out of hibernation ;) just kidding im no expert on anything but it is getting to be that time for the kids to go out and nail some good panfish good luck to all this spring expert and rookies

wny angler

« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2005, 04:18 PM »
I'm a springtime expert myself  ;)     then again other than through the ice thats the only time i ever target them- i fish for other species as the season progresses.

a few more warm weeks before the spring crappie run begins round here  ;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:19 AM »
i just started to fish for crappie this past winter and i had lots of fun. nothing like a striper though!!
Scotty 

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2005, 08:39 PM »
Scott,
Let me know when and where and hopefully we can put some slab Crappies in the live well!!   ;D

T/L
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

crappieman12887

« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2005, 09:59 AM »
Scott,
Let me know when and where and hopefully we can put some slab Crappies in the live well!!   ;D

T/L
Steve
steve there starting to bite caught a couple dozen the other day open water,it will not be long and the live well will be getting filled up ,bill

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #14 on: Apr 06, 2005, 06:20 AM »
well steve i got the body of water for the slabbo's now uts just a matter of finding them in the open water. i only fished it through the ice
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.