FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Manasquan Res.  (Read 3444 times)

ratso

Manasquan Res.
« on: Feb 11, 2012, 01:35 PM »
I am trying to dig up some info in this place. 40 FOW, wipers, smallies, boating from March through November. I am planning a shore-line trip with a good friend from Little Egg Harbor and was wondering if anybody would be willing to share a bit off-line by a PM.

Seems you need a boat permit or park permit to launch. Bait shop in the area for freshwater, minnows or the like. I thought I read that the park staff require you to pull your gas engine prop even though its electric only as well, or that could just be some ranting from the dark side.

Seems like a big lake with a lot of potential, I'd like to get a better handle on it if I do get a chance to fish it.

dmntd169

Re: Manasquan Res.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2012, 02:44 PM »
I am trying to dig up some info in this place. 40 FOW, wipers, smallies, boating from March through November. I am planning a shore-line trip with a good friend from Little Egg Harbor and was wondering if anybody would be willing to share a bit off-line by a PM.

Seems you need a boat permit or park permit to launch. Bait shop in the area for freshwater, minnows or the like. I thought I read that the park staff require you to pull your gas engine prop even though its electric only as well, or that could just be some ranting from the dark side.

Seems like a big lake with a lot of potential, I'd like to get a better handle on it if I do get a chance to fish it.

not sure whats in the area in terms of bait shops but I know the needing a permit to launch and having to remove your prop are true. I never fished it from a boat but have fished it from shore a handfull of times. Mostly got into perch and LMB throwing small jigs/ twistertails looking for crappies
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

privateeyes

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2012, 08:42 PM »
not sure whats in the area in terms of bait shops but I know the needing a permit to launch and having to remove your prop are true. I never fished it from a boat but have fished it from shore a handfull of times. Mostly got into perch and LMB throwing small jigs/ twistertails looking for crappies
What about Belmar party boating anyone? The ocean has a lot more tastier fish

shadylakeice

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2012, 06:28 AM »
privateeyes, let me know what ya got in mind, could hold some promise.
What about Belmar party boating anyone? The ocean has a lot more tastier fish

ratso

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2012, 12:34 PM »
EYES - I did the party boat thing for almost 35 years. North, South and most everything in between. Walked the beach, rented skiffs, fished a pier or two. I am looking for something to do with my 16 footer in the central and southern part of the state. Of course $50 - $100 for a day on the water was fine when I was working and pulling in a good buck. These days I am planning to move out of Sussex county this year if I can find a buyer. I have beat to death all the lakes up this way and am looking for new and different. I am going to miss the honey holes I have found and the variety that North Jersey has offered up over the years.

privateeyes

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2012, 05:19 PM »
shadylakeice, I'm going to try one more ice fishing trip and than I will likely look to the party boat thing in a few weeks  if the weather stays warm like this. I am also on ice shanty(trying to get into it) but the season is getting late and one has to drive far north to ice fish them guppies compared to saltwater.. Rtso, I am in the same boat about 30 yrs with you all around nj /ny/ down the shore and you are right.. figure a 100.00 shore day trip these days  ::)but, I still  have been looking forward to some wreck fishing and haven't gone in a couple years! lol.  I'll keep in touch here or reach me on iceshanty

fish4life

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2012, 08:47 PM »
hey ratso pm me . on what info you need about the res
talk soon ..Sal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.