FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: yellowstone lake  (Read 1325 times)

jopes

yellowstone lake
« on: Aug 15, 2012, 04:13 PM »
Any one ever fish this lake?  I know it is just trout.  But how is the action and average sizes?

bbkyle35

Re: yellowstone lake
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2012, 05:08 PM »
More lake trout than you can shake a stick at and no limit on them.guys bring home coolers full and they are just right for the grill our smoker. I have heard of some up to twenty pounds caught by the commercial boats
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:26 AM »
Fished it in my boat 10 years ago in late Sept.  Lots of nice Cuttys to 19" on kastys.  Most were at 10-15 ft down.  Areas out from the steamers (hot water inlets) fished best!

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:50 AM »
Just so you know there are more fees associated with the park fishing, boat, ect.  But its worth it if you go try to reserve a camping site on the back side of the lake. Its nice and off grid. A bucket list adventure. Fun times
No one left behind  

mallardmuncher

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Just got back from there.  Fished 2 days kept 24 lake trout.  biggest 5 lbs lots of 20-22" fish.  Caught just as many cuts too, they are real nice.  Average 24" on the cuts.  Fish in 50' of water and you will find lake trout.  Find out where the guide boats are heading and fish those areas or anyplace on the lake next to the gill nets the NPS has set out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.