FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your favorite rod/reel combos  (Read 6090 times)

GemCitySlayer

Your favorite rod/reel combos
« on: Aug 18, 2012, 01:20 PM »
Just curious what everyone likes to use... be it a cheap setup or one that broke the bank...

I like my shimano symmetre paired with a gloomis jig n worm rod

bbkyle35

Re: Your favorite rod/reel combos
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I love the Cabelas fish eagle II rods. I've used reels made pfleuger, shimano, pinnacle, abu Garcia, but my favorite remains by far diawa. I liked my shimano pretty good til it seized up fishing reds in Alaska, but my $40 diawa never failed on them.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

Cornbread

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2012, 02:56 PM »
I love the Cabelas fish eagle II rods. I've used reels made pfleuger, shimano, pinnacle, abu Garcia, but my favorite remains by far diawa. I liked my shimano pretty good til it seized up fishing reds in Alaska, but my $40 diawa never failed on them.

I have been wanting to try one of these for a while in 6'6" spinning style as I have heard they have a really stiff back even in the lighter rods. I may bite the bullet and get one when I run through Spokane next weekend.
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

threelungs

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2012, 07:12 PM »
7'2" medium/extra fast shimano cumara paired with the shimano stradic CI4 2500
6'8" medium heavy/extra fast shimano crucial baitcaster paired with shimano chronarch 100D7 for my heavier bigger arsenal. 
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." ~Yoda

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Walleye elite seares finwick with a nice catalyst shamo spinning reel throwing crystal line
No one left behind  

olefish

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2012, 12:52 AM »
Humm abu garcia 6000c3 bait casters, and all kinds of spinning reels on a mix match of on-sale rods, ebay deals and some I built myself.  I do use the power pro line from 2-10 to 6-20 on everthing.

Matt R.

• Keep a few, but take more photos!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2012, 11:29 AM »
Snoopy pole with Woodstock boober.

Killer combo.
I like to fish for all fish!

Keith Walters

« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2012, 02:54 PM »
42" custom made "ICE FISHING ROD" for lake trout.  Come on Ice!!!!!

appleye

« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2012, 05:34 PM »
The one in my hand or rod holder. Sorry, Series 1 with a shimano reel.

WYeyes

« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2012, 06:20 PM »
To many favorites to list, depends on the type of fishing I am doing. Anything from live bait, jigging, trolling cranks, casting cranks or swim baits,worm harnesses, cut baits for cats, etc. Have my favorites for each type of fishing. I would have to go with what has been said already, the one in my hand or rod holder ;D

eyewinder

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2012, 06:25 PM »

I've got Fish Eagle II's in spinning (jigging), baitcaster (bottom bouncer), and slip-bobber (9-1/2-foot steelhead rod).  I'm not smart enough to explain, but for some doggone reason like 'em as well or better than Loomis, St. Croix, or Jason Mitchell rods that I also use.  The only problem I've had with any of them is losing an eyelet insert on the spinning rod.

And I'll bet that sometime this winter Cabela's will run them for around $40 again--but they seem to go really fast off their website.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:30 AM »
St. Croix Premier 7' ML with a Shimano Symetre 3000 and 6 lb Trilene XL.

I use this setup 99% of the time.

NYSporty

« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:51 AM »
I have owned only Ugly stiks my entire life.
7' Ugly stik light pro and SHIMANO SONORA 2500. I have an new combo on its way to my door now.
I will have 2 of them now and a 6.5' Ugly stik with a Sonora 100.

jopes

« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Going to need to get a new rod and reel.  Mine has given up to the walleye.

Need to pick up a rod with some backbone yet a soft tip to allow cranks the action and see the soft bites.

I will probably use a pflueger president in the 6925 size with 6 or 8 lb fireline.

jdhers

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2012, 01:12 PM »
St Croix Tournament Series 6'8" Extra Fast Action Jigging Rod. I also like the new St Croix Rage Rods in the extra fast for jigging.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.