FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fish starting to bite  (Read 4030 times)

crappieman12887

fish starting to bite
« on: Apr 01, 2005, 10:02 AM »
  went and sat on the bank the other day and caught a few nice slappy crappies,wont be long and it will be standing room only,bill

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: fish starting to bite
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2005, 08:26 PM »
where abouts are you on the open water right now?
I would like to get out and do some more open water crappie fishing this year. I got into them on the ice this year and boy they are good, it brought back memories of the past when we as a kid would have big fish fries down on the lake in VA before I moved to NY.
Maybe we could hook up some time this year, crappieman, I would like to learn some more about crappies.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

crappieman12887

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2005, 09:05 PM »
where abouts are you on the open water right now?
I would like to get out and do some more open water crappie fishing this year. I got into them on the ice this year and boy they are good, it brought back memories of the past when we as a kid would have big fish fries down on the lake in VA before I moved to NY.
Maybe we could hook up some time this year, crappieman, I would like to learn some more about crappies.
been catching a few along the canal system in comstock area, i dont know how this rain were suppose to get is going to effect things,the bite is slow but should pick up alittle once the sun comes back out for three four days in a row.bill

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2005, 01:36 PM »
cool, thanks crappieman
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

crappieman12887

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2005, 05:37 PM »
cool, thanks crappieman
your welcome ,went today for a little while in the pouring rain caught a couple but really slow,i was using ice jiggs with pin head bill

kingfshr16

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2005, 10:33 PM »
 Are you puttin the jigs under a float or just casting it out and letting it sit? Every spring i get into some nice crappies from the canal but usually with fatheads under a float.

crappieman12887

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Are you puttin the jigs under a float or just casting it out and letting it sit? Every spring i get into some nice crappies from the canal but usually with fatheads under a float.
[/quote slipbobbers are working ,bill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.