FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fishing RI  (Read 4555 times)

Dankenstein

fishing RI
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:00 AM »
i'm excited to come down this weekend and do some fly fishing in RI.  It seems like there will be a great chance to get into some fun stocker fish, glad most of them are rainbows, they fight really well.
I am kinda dissappointed though that the RI board isn't as active as the RI icefishing board, I might just be posting to myself here.  I was hoping to at least see some good pics of pike or something by now.  Maybe I'll post some pics if I have any luck chasing trout this weekend.

pascoag icefisher

Re: fishing RI
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Were are u fishing? The ri page is very slow.

Dankenstein

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:13 PM »
I hear the wood river would be shoulder to shoulder, not overly interested in the blackstone river but it looks like there are some good pieces of water on it.  So probably just a small stocked pond or two.  My dad is starting fly fishing so I bought him his ME license for the year, figured some ponds would be good practice with high potential for catch success before he gets a chance to come fish up here.

have any recommendations?

BassMaster12

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 01:16 PM »
a good place on the blackstone would be under the martin street bridge in Cumberland, that place is close to me and they just stocked it again last week, and that spot isnt fished that much. I fished there twice this year, I limited out both times and saw a guy pull a 4 pound rainbow on opening day. that place is worth checking out, and another good spot is lincoln woods. that spot is good, but is a little overly fished. i would recomend the blackstone if u are using a fly rod.
_Icecold_ on the shanty

Dankenstein

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 07:19 AM »
a good place on the blackstone would be under the martin street bridge in Cumberland, that place is close to me and they just stocked it again last week, and that spot isnt fished that much. I fished there twice this year, I limited out both times and saw a guy pull a 4 pound rainbow on opening day. that place is worth checking out, and another good spot is lincoln woods. that spot is good, but is a little overly fished. i would recomend the blackstone if u are using a fly rod.

Thanks for the good info, I really appreciate it.
I ended up just heading to a local pond Sat morning figuring that the weather would keep the pressure down.  I was right and we didn't see another fisherman the whole time.  There were fish rising but it was hard to tell what they were taking, finally got this one on a little parachute. heck of a good fighter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.