FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: .  (Read 6378 times)

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
Re: Wyoming Arrowheads?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 12, 2013, 10:26 PM »
Very Cool Very Cool. A group of friends of mine just found a spear point down by glendo. They are rock hounds and use it as their hobby. They don't fish they look for artifacts. They have found some cool stuff and they are educated in what they are looking for and are very educated in the law of the hunt. They have a couple archaeologist that they will send pics and photos to verify there treasure. Some of the stuff they have found have ended up in museums that they donate so everyone can enjoy history. As for me I look at it this way, I say its like gold. If its on public land and doesn't have a clam then the gold I find is mine. I took the time to look for it and get the reward of accomplishment or satisfaction of the treasure. Just my opinion.

As for Glendo. Most Public land are good places to just take a walk on and look for moll hills or any kind of new dirt coming out of the ground. Most arrow head that I've seen have been dug up by an animal. Fox coyote raccoon etc. Great places to start looking and do some history on rock formations. I don't remember what rock was the popular tool to be made out of but if you google it you should be able to figure out what color to look for, and it also is a good idea to verify what tribe was around there because some travel and would bring different materials with them. Most arrowhead you'll find that are the best in-tack shape are the ones not by the rivers or stream but where they would have set up a camp and sit around the campfire and make them. Also look for shavings or tailing's a good indicator that you might be in a gold mine of history they would be in little rock piles that to the untrained eye are just a pile of rocks but after you see one you'll never forget it.  Good luck and go get some exercise.
No one left behind  

black55

« Reply #16 on: Jun 12, 2013, 11:18 PM »
I found this old copper spoon in the oil field today.

I don't know how old it is but it is a neat find anyway.
hey that looks like the spoon i lost in the 70's when i was roughnecking ! LOL
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

Hole Tender

« Reply #17 on: Jun 13, 2013, 07:20 AM »
Haha. It could be. Cue: Lightening Leo to give you a good preachin' about littering. Or maybe it was left there long enough ago that it is an artifact and should be left there. I'm torn.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.