FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just Got Back From Gander MTN.  (Read 7912 times)

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
Just Got Back From Gander MTN.
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:42 PM »
I went in for minnows, some fatheads......how in the hell did I come out of there with a bill almost $100?  ;D  ;D

I love that place, if I could put a bed in there I would live there and never leave.  ;D  ;D

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: Just Got Back From Gander MTN.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:57 PM »
go to the tent area, the have a little set up with the fake grass... the tent, the lantern, the grill, cooler, some chairs and maybe even a sleeping bag inside the tent... then ya get someone to bring ya in a bunch of perch, crappie, bass, pike or whatever ya like and put them in that kayak testing pool...now you have it all! the place to fish, the means to cook the fish and a place to sleep after a full belly. heck, we could even release a few birds and a few deer in there. no one would notice till ya grabbed a shotgun and let loose...lol

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:06 PM »
Actually you can hunt there too, my buddy picked up on of their soft air guns the other day and started to gun his kids down in the store. Nobody even caught on and those guns can shoot!!!

shark

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:37 PM »
I bought my aqua vu from there earlier this year , Before I went up there I had to condition myself , I kept repeating To the electronics dept and out of the store, It wasnt easy but I did it. Thought I was going to need some Bayside therapy afterwards.

Shark

MARK G

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2004, 02:38 PM »
I'VE GOT A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM CHRISTMAS FOR THAT STORE. I' AFRAID TO GO IN UNTILL MY TAX RETURNS COME IN. I COULD GO NUTS IN A PLACE LIKE THAT. WHAT A GREAT STORE
 MARK G.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Trust me, it was almost alot worse. I looked at one of the .454 Raging Bull handguns and almost went over the top. Just what I need another handgun, the price was unreal how cheap it was for brand new. (I might go back later this weekend)

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

eyedoktr

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2004, 03:07 PM »
I wish there was someway to keep me out of there except for once a month. You know, a shock collar or something. I end up going at least twice a month and I'd say my avg bill since they opened is over $125/trip.

Hey Mark, when ARE you going to make a therapy session, or should we hold one at "The Pub"or the "Valley Inn"
Pete Lewis

Browntrout08

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2004, 04:05 PM »
I'm the same way Buckshotjon, go in for 1 thing, come out with 10.  Even if I go in there to pick a lure, I always wander in the hunting area just to see the same stuff I saw the week before and vice versa.  Ya can't beat Gander and Galyans...yet., here in Buff.

reubenpa

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2004, 04:41 PM »
I only take enouhg money for what I want when I go into Gander MTn.  I know that it is too dangerous if I take more, cause I might just as well say BYE BYE to it and give it a kiss before I go in, cause it won't be in my pocket when I leave...  :(      I can't wait until Bass pro opens... I will be there..... wishin that my wallet was fatter!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

shark

« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2004, 04:54 PM »
Hey Pete ,

Thats always a possibility. Theres also Neptunes. I gave up the alcohol 6 years ago but still can attend a Session or two.

Shark

can_of_worms

« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2004, 06:11 PM »
Neptunes is by far the place to go for therapy. I think I may go down for session in a little while. $ 2.25 pints draft, 4-7 $1.00 drafts 12oz, wed they used to put out hump day snacks free. A new guy just bought the bar/ rest. side of the buisness, I am not sure as to what he will do for the happy hr. Nice place over all.

Sandman

• Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2004, 06:25 PM »
I went there today for the first time. I wanted to look at two items and buy later. After 3 hours and still not seeing everything I totaled the cost for the two items and the new ones that when I saw them, reminded me that I had to have 'em. Total was $9,286. I layed on the couch, wanted a cold one or two and contemplated the buy now pay later plan discussed to me. Finally I came to my senses (it be a first) and walked over, bought a bag of jerky and headed out the door. I was halfway to Utica to pick up son of Sandman from college when I realized that I really can get alone without the, goose gun, rods, reels, lures, aqua view, terrain vehicle, camo kyak, new smoker, etc. etc. I also realized that I never wound up getting what I went there for in the first place. What a place!
Mobil Launch Team - 2 , 5th MAC SOG
de Opresso liber

Hollywood

« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2004, 05:30 AM »
Well- that does it! When Bass Pro opens-I'm staying outta there! I'm pretty weak willed & can't go broke right before the kids start going to college. You guys talk about these stores like a crackhead talks about a crackhouse! Of course, I dropped $300 the other day on a new varmint setup I really don't need.....

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2004, 06:11 AM »
just remember guys, the difference between a man and a boy, is the price of the toy's. man I love those stores. here in Milwaukee we have 3 gander mtns. they make sure you can't sneek out of the city without seeing one of their stores.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

devil-man

« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2004, 06:30 AM »
Hollywood, we are crack heads. Enter Sandman...
I once spent 6 hrs in that place, 2 weeks pay, and still wasn't ready to leave.
I really think there should be a 12 step program for us junkies, paid for by the State. Therapy isn't cheap, you know...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.