FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: retired fisherman in Tampa  (Read 6848 times)

windwalker

retired fisherman in Tampa
« on: Jun 09, 2015, 08:33 PM »
 Hi guys,
 Moved here from Maine about six months ago. I'm thinking, if I get a boat, I may get heat stroke.  :D  So now I wade in the bay with a fly rod, long sleeve shirt, and a hat. Hanging out around Picnic island.I'll try keeping y'all filled in on my exploits. ;D
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH
 TO CATCH A FISH, SO BIG, THAT NOT EVEN I,WHEN SPEAKING OF IT, WILL EVER HAVE TO LIE.

stripernut

Re: retired fisherman in Tampa
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2015, 10:51 PM »
Have a great retirement! Just got back today from FL and did some great fishing on the East Coast (this time). Leave some fish for the rest of us!

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2015, 07:57 AM »
See ya in 5 yrs.
Save a few fish for me.

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2015, 08:31 AM »
Howdy!

I'm down here in Everglades National Park, a few hours south of you.   Awesome fishing here in the 10,000 Islands...  Snook and Tarpon galore.  Fly fishing can be outstanding.

If you ever make it down this way to check out the wilderness, get in touch.  Happy to show you around.  It's an awesome place to own a small, shallow-draft boat.  Options and opportunities are literally unlimited.

"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

windwalker

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2015, 05:21 PM »
 Nice snook Jimmy. Haven't eaten one in over thirty years. Are they still as good? When we first got to Florida, www headed to a place called Flamingo. Used to rent one of there cabins and boats. Not any more? Lots of changes. Laws have changed also.
 Pleased to meet you Jimmy, I'll keep posted on my next trip south, and thanks for the invite.

Paul   8)
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH
 TO CATCH A FISH, SO BIG, THAT NOT EVEN I,WHEN SPEAKING OF IT, WILL EVER HAVE TO LIE.

windwalker

« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2015, 05:35 PM »
Have a great retirement! Just got back today from FL and did some great fishing on the East Coast (this time). Leave some fish for the rest of us!

Thanks stripernut, I'll be sure to leave plenty.   :D
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2016, 10:30 AM »
Those are some nice bass!
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

boondox

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2016, 04:08 PM »
very nice snooks and bass... you fly fish have you done any of the peacock bass fishing around Miami, fl.? I also have a few honey holes around fort de-sota park there are a few oyster bars you can fish from shore if you don't got a boat these are south of st Petersburg a ways also from what rest of my family down there say the sunshine sky way fishing pier is good for bait fisher men.. that's on the old sun shine sky way bridge the one that collapsed they made into a huge fishing pier but it cost to go out on and easier to use bait etc on cause every on else is... it is a basically a fishing /historic  park now... got to watch those tides and time it for the incoming tide on those oyster bars the red fish line up for food swept in to the oyster bars from the tides ... also clear water pier and wading the clear water and st pete beaches in the early morning and under the bridges on in coming tides... by the way if you like camping fort de- sota has it so does areas up around Ocala, fl.... 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.