FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you could bottom fish anywhere in FL in August, where would it be?  (Read 4950 times)

deepdrop

I lived in West Palm for many years and used to fish a 28 Grady White out of Jupiter inlet,  but now I live in New Hampshire and will be driving through Florida in August with my two kids, aged 12 and 14.  They've never been ocean fishing and I'd like to show them a little bit of what I used to love to do.
I could pretty much stop anywhere along the East coast on this trip.  I thought maybe I could charter a boat for a half day of bottom fishing, which should be a lot of fun for them.
Any suggestions on where would be a good spot in August to catch some snapper and/or grouper, etc?  Any recommended charter captains?

Thanks very much for your ideas on this.

windwalker

deepdrop, that is a lot of water to fish. Summertime in Florida is hot and stormy.., just google fishing charters..,Lake worth pier is a good place to go with the kids. sea walls, docks, parks, offer good times. Shrimp is a good bait to catch bait...Plenty shark around right now. Black tips are a blast!  Have fun  ;)
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH
 TO CATCH A FISH, SO BIG, THAT NOT EVEN I,WHEN SPEAKING OF IT, WILL EVER HAVE TO LIE.

windwalker

On the inside edge of the Gulf Stream. ::)
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH
 TO CATCH A FISH, SO BIG, THAT NOT EVEN I,WHEN SPEAKING OF IT, WILL EVER HAVE TO LIE.

boondox

Check the reports while there like in spring the southren areas like keys  turns on before the northern areas like clear water.. then you also got storms when you get a real bad storm.. some time they don't eat for a week or two cause wAter is so stirred up..  there is a report page I can find you if you need it? ?  or just google fishing reports for the Gulf that's were I usally fish charter capins put info up to drawl customers some current like that day some out dated.. when we go we check the whole coast from keys up to homoSasa fl. Also gear rules have changed they require a deventing tool and they require a hook removing tool along with circle hooks flat circle hooks when using bait.  I am sure you read about it.. that's the best way to find were the fish are biting is checking the fishing reports.. north south east west  report pages..

Cyberangler.com has a great report page for florida fishing reports..

windwalker

I lived in West Palm for many years and used to fish a 28 Grady White out of Jupiter inlet,  but now I live in New Hampshire and will be driving through Florida in August with my two kids, aged 12 and 14.  They've never been ocean fishing and I'd like to show them a little bit of what I used to love to do.
I could pretty much stop anywhere along the East coast on this trip.  I thought maybe I could charter a boat for a half day of bottom fishing, which should be a lot of fun for them.
Any suggestions on where would be a good spot in August to catch some snapper and/or grouper, etc?  Any recommended charter captains?

Thanks very much for your ideas on this.

Let us know how and what you did Deepdrop..... :P
LORD, GIVE ME STRENGTH

JvilleJay78

Destin!

indianahooker

i would head up to the Apalachicola river and fish for 60+ pound flatheads.  above the dead lakes area around Blountstown.  but that just me and im stuck in Indiana.  ;D

rigo.shark1

If someone is planning trip to East Coast, I just got back from an amazing trip with Super Fishing in Jacksonville, Florida. Service was top-notch, they really know their stuff, and all local spots! Here's the link if y'all wanna check them out: Fishing Charters Jacksonville. Highly recommend, caught some redfish and trout, even managed to land a decent sized tarpon
Tampa, FL Angler 🎣 | Chasing the Big Ones 🐟 | Saltwater & Freshwater Fanatic | Always Ready to Cast a Line and Share Stories 🌊🎣🌞

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.