FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98751 times)

iceman260

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #660 on: Feb 20, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Good job,nice trout.

Bartman44

« Reply #661 on: Feb 22, 2023, 06:42 PM »
Off to the races.  Got out first light yesterday morning and fished a few pools unsucessfully before nailing a stone fly eater of excellent size.

Nice bow and great start.  I've been off the grid, hibernating in Florida for a while and when I got back, with the warm weather up here, I couldn't wait to hit the Catskills.  Went down Monday and did well on the browns. Now it's ice and snow again for the next week. :P

lowaccord66

« Reply #662 on: Mar 04, 2023, 01:35 AM »
Nice bow and great start.  I've been off the grid, hibernating in Florida for a while and when I got back, with the warm weather up here, I couldn't wait to hit the Catskills.  Went down Monday and did well on the browns. Now it's ice and snow again for the next week. :P

Thank you!  The weather has definetly been all over the place.

lowaccord66

« Reply #663 on: Mar 08, 2023, 10:26 AM »
Took yesterday off to recover from 15 hours of travel back from cancun sunday night.  Rolled out around 9am and hit the farmington.  Started with replacing the floating line on my 6w to a sink tip and then broke out the streamers.  Streamer fishing is very much hit or miss and this time it was miss.  Switched to euro mid day and still was striking out.  Later in the afternoon I was swinging streamers outside of the TMA and connected on some stockies.  Good day to get out and stretch my legs.

bogtrotter

« Reply #664 on: Mar 09, 2023, 06:39 AM »
Always nice to get the late catch for the save.

lowaccord66

« Reply #665 on: Mar 11, 2023, 09:31 AM »
Nice snowy morning.  Bows were happy.  Full sink at the dam with a streamer was a good time.

bogtrotter

« Reply #666 on: Mar 11, 2023, 07:36 PM »
Another beautiful bow!  Congratulations.

lowaccord66

« Reply #667 on: Mar 12, 2023, 08:44 AM »
Another beautiful bow!  Congratulations.

Thanks Jim.  Low flows for the time of year.  Fishing is good.  Landed roughly a dozen between nymphing and streamers.  Back at it this afternoon. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #668 on: Mar 26, 2023, 07:27 AM »
Fished 6am to 4 yesterday.  Endless trout, mostly cookie cutter.  Fished 4 rivers and gave some education to a lot of stockies.  Caught the largest wild brown from the Farmington ive ever landed, well beyomd 20".  Granted it wasnt on the fly rod.  All of these trout were jigged.  Still an awesome fish, great buttery color. Flows ranged from 400's up to 1500.  Ironically the big brown was in the highest flow and even better was sitting in front of a big rock breaking the current.

bogtrotter

« Reply #669 on: Mar 26, 2023, 05:12 PM »
Fished 6am to 4 yesterday.  Endless trout, mostly cookie cutter.  Fished 4 rivers and gave some education to a lot of stockies.  Caught the largest wild brown from the Farmington ive ever landed, well beyomd 20".  Granted it wasnt on the fly rod.  All of these trout were jigged.  Still an awesome fish, great buttery color. Flows ranged from 400's up to 1500.  Ironically the big brown was in the highest flow and even better was sitting in front of a big rock breaking the current.

Wow, that's great!

The open water season starts early down your way. 

Still nothing doing in my neck of the woods.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #670 on: Mar 26, 2023, 09:09 PM »
Great day nice brown. Congrats Jon

lowaccord66

« Reply #671 on: Mar 30, 2023, 08:56 AM »
Fyi both the Farmington and Housy are blown out.  Housy at cornwall is near 3000 and the upper Farmington is running 900 from the dam, over 1000 in the catch and release and almost 2000cfs at the tail end of the TMA.  Only a couple sections remain "fishable" and that's a stretch even for me.

The dam bumped flow from 200 to 900!

BerkshireBass

« Reply #672 on: Apr 01, 2023, 12:04 PM »
Don’t know the cfs, but the Hoosac and all its tribs are flowing over their banks too. Deerfield is supposed to be high for a while according to the forecast

lowaccord66

« Reply #673 on: Apr 01, 2023, 09:23 PM »
About 4x the norm.  I may throw streamers tomorrow afternoon on a full sink tip. 

Steve H.

« Reply #674 on: Apr 02, 2023, 10:41 AM »
Caught the largest wild brown from the Farmington ive ever landed, well beyomd 20".  Granted it wasnt on the fly rod. 

Congrats!  Must have been quite a thrill even on spin tackle.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.