FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New boat  (Read 12101 times)

fish/hunt4ever

New boat
« on: Apr 19, 2022, 10:57 AM »
Looking at a new alumacraft trophy or tournament series boat, anyone own these ones and tell me what you like/dislike on the boat I have an alumacraft navigator that I bought new I is a side console and the wife wants a windshield to block water and wind. Just looking around and seeing what everyone thought about on a new boat. Thanks everyone.

filetandrelease

Re: New boat
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2022, 12:04 PM »

Windshields are well worth every penny and my 112# terova

appleye

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2022, 12:31 PM »
I'm a Lund guy. I've had Lund's since the early 90's. The two things I always do now is get maximin horsepower. Check the rigging cost verse's what you can do. You can pay to have all the goodies included or add them as you go. The one thing Lund has is a sport track and over the years I've added and upgraded everything around that. I would not look at a  boat that I could not put in a new boat, but that just me. Good luck!

fishinjohn

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2022, 12:56 PM »
Looking at a new alumacraft trophy or tournament series boat, anyone own these ones and tell me what you like/dislike on the boat I have an alumacraft navigator that I bought new I is a side console and the wife wants a windshield to block water and wind. Just looking around and seeing what everyone thought about on a new boat. Thanks everyone.
I bought a trophy 185 last year, ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! Handles the big lake erie and ontario weather AMAZING!!!
Powered by  140 and 9.9 Suzuki
motors...
ONLY thing I would do different is I would go with a 175 instead of the 140...
But the 140 still pushes me around 36-38 mph...
LOVE THE ALUMARAIL system they have!! The storage I have is unreal too!!!
Cant go wrong with a trophy IMO

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2022, 02:23 PM »

Great boat John
Slap a terova on that bad boy 👍

fishinjohn

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2022, 03:27 PM »
Great boat John
Slap a terova on that bad boy 👍
Thank you!!!!!
I've got one on it!!!! I put the quick disconnect on it so the cover will fit nice and snug!!!!
Literally set the motor on the plate and slide the pin through it and you're all set...
Rigged with a helix 9 for graph and a helix 7 strictly dedicated to mapping

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2022, 04:44 PM »

Perfect

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2022, 04:48 PM »
Sweet Ride !!!!

fishinjohn

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2022, 05:51 PM »

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2022, 06:20 PM »
I have been leaning towards the trophy 205 with a 200 on it. I want the i-pilot as well and have a helix 7 already but thinking of adding another one in the dash. Also looking at a 9.9 kicker motor and might see if they can put charging cables from the starter battery to the trolling batteries so that I can charge while using the gas powered motors. I have seen the alumatract and like all the options that you can do with it and the nice thing is no screwing holes everywhere to find the perfect spot for rod holders and others. Just want more room behind the windshield compared to the competitor model I do not cast off the deck much so do another of trolling and spend more time in the back of the boat with the minnkota steering the boat with or without the kicker motor. Thanks for all the replies love the input.

fishinjohn

« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2022, 07:12 PM »
I have been leaning towards the trophy 205 with a 200 on it. I want the i-pilot as well and have a helix 7 already but thinking of adding another one in the dash. Also looking at a 9.9 kicker motor and might see if they can put charging cables from the starter battery to the trolling batteries so that I can charge while using the gas powered motors. I have seen the alumatract and like all the options that you can do with it and the nice thing is no screwing holes everywhere to find the perfect spot for rod holders and others. Just want more room behind the windshield compared to the competitor model I do not cast off the deck much so do another of trolling and spend more time in the back of the boat with the minnkota steering the boat with or without the kicker motor. Thanks for all the replies love the input.

A 205 is a BIG BOAT!!!! LOOOOOOOTS OF ROOM!!!!!! and if you do go with the 205, do yourself a favor and definitely get a 101 thrust bow mount!!!!
I put an 80lb on mine and it works harder than it needs to!!!
Also do yourself a favor and put 1 7 In the dash and one up on the console(I've got a 9 up top) .. I'm hopeful to hit the water sunday... I'll take pics of my set up..
I also opted to install an itroll instead of seperate controls for the kicker along with a tie bar for steering

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2022, 08:38 PM »
Cool will look for the pictures later, have to look into the bigger minnkota as recommended is an 80 but if I troll just with the bow mount I usually only go .8 to 1 and any faster use the kicker with the bow mount to steer the boat and have the kicker locked in place by a bungee just so if we get snagged can kill the bow mount and back up with the kicker by releasing the bungee, I only have a 55 lb ipilot on my 175 navigator and it works good for what I am doing with it but always like the input.

fishinjohn

« Reply #12 on: Apr 24, 2022, 07:58 PM »
Made it out today for some lake erie perch..
Here is my dash set up

When I installed the helix 9 on the dash... I made sure I left room for a 2nd one right beside it... that will probably be installed next spring

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #13 on: Apr 25, 2022, 07:23 AM »
Nice, how was the perch fishing? Looks like enough room, the helix 7 must be the lower unit in the console there, I can see why you want one up there as well as easier to see when around the boat while fishing.

fishinjohn

« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Nice, how was the perch fishing? Looks like enough room, the helix 7 must be the lower unit in the console there, I can see why you want one up there as well as easier to see when around the boat while fishing.
Perching was slow for us... I bounced around the lake 6 different spots...
We ended up only with 18... one guy i talked to yesterday out there said he got 100 in 3 hours in the one spot we were at..
But they had lockjaw for us sunday....
There is plenty of room for another 9 up top.. i just have to move the angle of the arm on ram mount and itll shift the current 9 to the left enough to fit one beside it...
That 7 is in the dash where they have an alumacraft plate... that comes right out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.