FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My new (Florida) boat.  (Read 13071 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: My new (Florida) boat.
« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2023, 04:26 AM »
Ouch!!! Hope he is feeling better....h2l

Mac Attack

« Reply #61 on: Jan 27, 2023, 10:15 AM »
It's only 58 degrees out.
I'm a wee bit late getting out there to work on that boat.
lol

Mac Attack

« Reply #62 on: Jan 27, 2023, 02:56 PM »
Sucked it up and went right out there after posting that.

Got a bunch done today.
Mounted both HDS head units on the dash.  Enlarged the wire pass thru hole because there will be a LOT more cables coming through it.
Reinstalled the fuse block.
I have a 2nd fuse block on order for the 3 graphs, the sidescan module, the NMEA2000 backbone, and the two ultrasonic pest control modules I’m installing to keep the critters out of the boat.  We have a ton of squirrels down here and I don’t need them setting up housekeeping in Donna’s pontoon.
I removed one of the multi rod holders as it will be in the way of the LiFePo4 battery for the Terrova.  I have 2 other locations where I might reinstall it but I need to wait until I get the rig out from under my carport so I can raise the Bimini to make sure the rods don’t interfere with it.
I also installed a 2nd large pvc cable pass thru under the console for the transducer cables and some power cords Im running both up front and aft.  I held off running the cables thru it until the marine cement/sealer cures.
Tomorrow I’ll run those cables thru the pass thru and also mount the battery disconnect switch and heavy power blocks back in the battery compartment.  I’ll probably also mount the 2bank onboard charger.  This boat, for now, will only have one main motor battery.  No house battery.  However, should I decide to add the second house battery, my disconnect switch is already set up for it.  I bought a NOCO jump box incase I drain the main battery too much while fishing and cannot turn over the main motor.  Of course I also have the Terrova to get us home too.
Time for a bourbon manhoot or two.

iceman260

« Reply #63 on: Jan 28, 2023, 03:45 AM »
Sounds like you accomplished a lot even with the cold weather. Hope your brother heals fast.

Mac Attack

« Reply #64 on: Jan 28, 2023, 04:03 PM »
A little warmer today at 74
Didn’t put in as much time as I planned.
Donna wanted to go shopping for a desk.
It’s for me, so I agreed.
Anyway, started on the boat about 1pm
Stopped about 4:30 and after picking up things I towed it back to the storage compound.
We are only allowed to have a boat or RV at our home for 48 hrs.  Park rules.
I cheated this time and had it here for 3 days.  Didn’t want to push it any further.
I have some things ordered for it coming on Tuesday.  So I’ll bring it back here on Wednesday morning and see if I can finish things enough to at least take it out on the water.
I completed all the wiring in the rear.
Battery disconnect switch, positive and negative heavy terminal strips (I don’t like 37 wires all going to a battery post), and ran the 6ga power wires under the boat up and thru the floor pass thru under the console.  These will go to the terminal fuse block coming Tuesday.  I also have some nice marine wire ties coming Tuesday that I’ll go back under the boat and secure all the cables and wires I’ve already run.
Good work day today.

Mac Attack

« Reply #65 on: Jan 29, 2023, 04:10 PM »
Never got to the beach today so I took a walk here in the park with Donna and Macy.
Stopped in the storage compound and readjusted my solar panel battery charger to point more toward the sun.
My daughter Kelly bought me this solar charger.  Not very high wattage because it’s only 1’ x 2’, but does the job to keep my main battery topped off.  And because it is a float type charger, it throttles back as the battery reaches full charge, avoiding over charging.

Mac Attack

« Reply #66 on: Jan 31, 2023, 09:28 AM »
Went to Bass Pro in Ft Meyers yesterday.
Picked up the 2nd front storage compartment I had ordered for the toon.
When they first came in 2 weeks ago, they were both port boxes.
The boxes said left and right on them.
But the one marked left had another right (starboard) box in it.
So, they had to send it back and reorder for me.
Stunk because the drive there is an hour.

Today I'll mount the boxes but do it in the storage compound instead of bringing the boat here to my home.

I am waiting for a few more parts and pcs to be delivered before I bring it back up here to the house.

Mac Attack

« Reply #67 on: Jan 31, 2023, 02:06 PM »
It's now 84.
Was warmer an hour ago.
Got the starboard side storage compartment bolted in.
But I need fasteners for the lithium battery box before I can mount the port side storage compartment.
I need to mount the battery box before the storage compartment for logistic purposes.
I will need to make another trip to Home Depot.
I should own stock there.

I think maybe a few cold beers are in order.
I'll go to HD in the morning.

8)

Mac Attack

« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2023, 04:16 PM »
Got the lithium battery box mounted and then the storage compartment.
Really tight under the boat trying to tighten the nuts while Donna held the bolts from up top.
Great to have her help.
Could not have done the job alone.
Might bring it up front tomorrow to the house so I can try to finish the wiring.
We'll see.

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
« Reply #69 on: Feb 02, 2023, 05:06 PM »
It's a work in progress. Doing the work yourself will make it that much more enjoyable! Make sure to make it everything that you want it to be. I certainly enjoy reading your progress. Keep at it !!

taxid

« Reply #70 on: Feb 03, 2023, 11:34 AM »
Wow you are getting a lot done. It's nice to see a plan come together isn't it?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

iceman260

« Reply #71 on: Feb 06, 2023, 04:27 PM »
Your getting there, when should we expect to see some pics of Florida fish.

Mac Attack

« Reply #72 on: Feb 06, 2023, 04:37 PM »
Your getting there, when should we expect to see some pics of Florida fish.

I just quit working on it for the day.
My daughter Kelly gets here next week Friday, so I need to finish it before then because she wants to go out for a ride (no fishing).
Anyway, she’s here for a week.
So I would say I’ll go fishing after that.
I’m in no rush actually.

Mac Attack

« Reply #73 on: Feb 07, 2023, 05:04 PM »
The front HDS head unit is installed, and completely wired.
The other two are also installed and wires are run from them down below the dash.
I also -
Installed the pressure treated plywood panel under the dash to mount the NEMEA2000 backbone, sidescan module, and the fuse block.
Mounted the NMEA2000 backbone and ran all it's wiring, except the 12VDC power cord to the fuse block.
Mounted the sidescan module and ran all the ethernet cables from it to each of the 3 head units.
Also connected the sidescan/downscan transducer cable to the sidescan module.
Did not wire the sidescan module 12 VDC to the fuse block yet.

Still need to -
Mount the fuse block and get all the wires tied into it.
Finish the wiring for the Terrova, the lithium battery, and the lithium battery charger.
mount and wire the ultrasonic rodent repellant devises.

I have a bit left, but I think I'll get enough of it done to take my daughter Kelly out for ride in the boat when she visits the end of next week.

iceman260

« Reply #74 on: Feb 08, 2023, 06:35 AM »
Mac do those rodent repellant devises really work. Might have to try one in my boat when I store it in the garage for winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.