FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally corp of eng work  (Read 1755 times)

bigr

Sally corp of eng work
« on: Jan 03, 2023, 07:40 AM »
It's been awhile since i've fished below the dam at the sally but last weekend i took a trip by there to see the work the corp has done the past year or longer. There was a time i fished it alot. In it's peak the walleye fishing was very good. I hear reports of it still producing fish. From what i saw it really is a different type of area now. Water was not being let out much and was still running clear so from on top of dam i could see the shallow areas along side the deeper channel that i believe is the corp hopes the water will follow.  Only time will tell if it will enable fishermen to have better access and hold more fish. They are still working on the area so it's too soon to tell if it improves. Hopefully we'll get reports from the spillway fishermen.       

Jig_Head

Re: Sally corp of eng work
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2023, 02:33 PM »
Have you been by 105 the last couple days? Just curious of its open water or still iced over

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2023, 05:18 AM »
As of yesterday it was open under bridge and melting fast. I would guess it is open now. Water was dirty and moving. That will improve in a day or so. By the weekend shore fishing should be going good again there and at pirates cove in the camp ground.

Jig_Head

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2023, 12:01 PM »
Okay good, thank you. I only make it once a year. Haven't been since last Dec (13 months ago). Still haven't tried ice fishing there but you make it sound good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.