FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OH NO  (Read 5033 times)

old man river

OH NO
« on: Feb 14, 2023, 08:01 PM »
    As seen on
  finger Lakes NEWS website   

PFAS levels in freshwater fish ‘staggering’, but Finger Lakes anglers aren’t getting the message
OH NO Say it is not True

:'( :-[ ???
ralph

Steidyj

Re: OH NO
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2023, 07:43 AM »
Hey Ralph,
I saw that study as well, I thought the majority of those samples came from the great lakes. Also with that study it highlighted the fact that the PFAS and PFOS were coming from industrial sources. If your on a body of water that isn't in close proximity to heavy industrial sites I'd think the levels would be lower.  I know the study isn't what I wanted to see for our fresh water fisheries, but I don't have any intention of changing my fish eating habits because of it.
Jake

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2023, 03:17 PM »
Phhttttttt! 73 and I ain’t dead yet.

Bad part is, we probably paid for these (censored) people to do these studies. What a bunch of BS.

Show me one person who’s proven to have died from eating fish from the finger lakes! Maybe I’ll reconsider …….maybe!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2023, 04:04 PM »
Phhttttttt! 73 and I ain’t dead yet.

Bad part is, we probably paid for these (censored) people to do these studies. What a bunch of BS.

Show me one person who’s proven to have died from eating fish from the finger lakes! Maybe I’ll reconsider …….maybe!

Yes Bob.
My grandfather lived on Lighthouse Rd. off the pkwy just east of Rochester in Hilton.
My dad grew up there.
My grandfather caught and ate bullhead from the ponds and Braddocks all the time.
I asked him back in the late 60's early 70's about whether he was concerned about the pollution.
He told me "no"; he only ate it once or twice a week.
He lived to be 86 and coulda lived longer had he gone to the doctor earlier.
My point is, as long as you aren't consuming it constantly, it's no worse than chemically fed chickens, pigs, beef, etc.

fishinjohn

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2023, 07:15 AM »

My point is, as long as you aren't consuming it constantly, it's no worse than chemically fed chickens, pigs, beef, etc.
Mac you couldnt be any more right!!!!!!!!
With the meat we buy in the stores that have been pumped full of preservatives I'm certain the little bit of fresh fish eaten wont be worse

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2023, 07:29 AM »
Mac you couldnt be any more right!!!!!!!!
With the meat we buy in the stores that have been pumped full of preservatives I'm certain the little bit of fresh fish eaten wont be worse

It actually might be better.

Johnnh

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2023, 01:17 PM »
Everything in moderation.
If PFAS is the real issue, why doesnt the government force the manufacturers to stop producing it?
Or is big $ using a lame report to allow the chemicals to feed their fat bankrolls.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2023, 03:28 PM »
Everything in moderation.
If PFAS is the real issue, why doesnt the government force the manufacturers to stop producing it?
Or is big $ using a lame report to allow the chemicals to feed their fat bankrolls.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, seeing how many companies "skirted" the laws in order to be able to do this stuff and stay in business.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Steidyj

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2023, 09:50 AM »
Looks like there is some action on this front! Hot off the press. Hopefully this will start a trend of cleaning up our environment and waterways of these forever chemicals and reducing their use!

https://apnews.com/article/epa-pfas-forever-chemicals-water-contamination-regulations-560d0ce3321e7fa8ed052f792c24f16f#:~:text=WASHINGTON%20(AP)%20%E2%80%94%20The%20Environmental,prevent%20serious%20illnesses%2C%20including%20cancer.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2023, 10:07 AM »
 Eaten certain fish from Great Lakes my hole life , went through the mercury  and the mirex scare , shut an excavation site down at Cornell college due to mercury , took over 3 weeks to clean up , I took some heat from the college and general contractor, after job was over I got  tested for chemicals and heavy metals , tested out fine , I did it independently so no BS

greensider

« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2023, 11:10 AM »
Many things never should have been allowed not just in my septic fields should never be anywhere near our larger water ways big factories and such should never be on lake shores the state itself is responsible for most of the water pollution being allowed to take place

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2023, 04:29 PM »
Sorry, but most of these so called “advocates” are money grubbing leeches. Not much science to prove their allegations. They live on grants provided by our taxpayer dollars….or worse, by solicited/donated funds.

Show me the proof! Show me the science! That drinking water has killed anyone! That eating fish has killed anyone! Show me the proof!

Complete hysterical internet BS.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2023, 05:35 PM »
I’m with You, Bob.

How about those “advocates” show us the true reports, Dr’s reports, that anyone became ill or died from drinking water or eating fish out of any body of water. I’m sick and tired of these idiots trying to persuade us into thinking, that things are the way they are, because they said so….way too much of this BS these days!! I’m not letting any idiots brainwash me.
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2023, 06:14 PM »
WOLF…..WOLF!
I suppose the new generation is inundated with information. Just wish they would take the time to do some deductive reasoning and not be convinced by what’s easy to believe.

Ok….maybe they’ll be wrong….or right. At least they’ll be making their own decision. Not just following ….just because.

We get too soon old and too late smart.

greensider

« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2023, 07:57 PM »
Just had blackened pickerel tacos from the finger lakes and put a little extra mercury on them mmmmmmm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.