FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OH NO  (Read 5035 times)

Steidyj

Re: OH NO
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2023, 10:10 AM »
I mean the information is easily searchable, within .0001 seconds I had several research papers highlighting the negative health effects of PFOS and PFAS. Now if you choose to believe the studies or not that is up to you. The less things that aren't naturally found in the environment in my water the better, if you enjoy drinking from bodies of water with heavy metals or contaminants you can! This is America, land of the free, where you are free to drink leaded/mercury/cadmium water, I just would prefer my water to not have it. Those studies linked below are the research papers, so they get down into the weeds and can be a bit confusing, but it is a study not a news article, so there are some standards to how the information is presented.

Study talking about health effects of PFOS/PFAS
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7906952/

Study that shows the PFOS and PFAS levels in fish.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935122024926?via%3Dihub

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2023, 04:28 PM »
Hard to determine information from justification.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2023, 11:22 AM »
Both reports I think a lot of hogwash...they use a lot of words and technicalities to confuse us...a lot of BS just to justify their jobs...they might consider us as Guinea pigs that have outlived the data they're trying to force down our throats. My 60 some years of fish eating and 75yrs of life can prove the BS
John
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

old man river

« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2023, 11:41 AM »

I STILL DRINK  WELL WATER FROM A  COUNTRY WELL
   what ever in it taste good  to me  :laugh:

ralph

Steidyj

« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2023, 11:47 AM »
Yes it is hard to find why a research project got funded, or who funded them and what their goal is with the research, but that shouldn't change the data, especially when these are peer reviewed and published studies. These published studies have their bar raised from a study conducted by a private entity that could skew data to alter the results with no accountability.

Some things change for the better. If pollutants in the water/environment isn't a bother then I am unlikely to change anyone's mind, and that's okay! Poisoned water affects more than just 1 individual, look no further than East Palestine, we don't have to go as far back as Leaded gas or even DDT to realize that we shouldn't be allowing manmade chemicals to be destroying OUR environment. I am grateful for the individuals that are paving the way to have these chemicals removed from circulation, it can only make our short time here better! Having grown up <1 mile from a superfund site caused by industry, I have some personal experience in regards to industry destroying our environment for $. The less stuff that isn't water/air/nature in our waters/air/nature, the better.

I drink well water form a country well and always have. It is possible that aquafers can and are poisoned.

I just want a cleaner environment for all of us and our future generations.
Jake

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2023, 12:14 PM »
I STILL DRINK  WELL WATER FROM A  COUNTRY WELL
   what ever in it taste good  to me  :laugh:

I still do too but after I die at 101 they'll say I ate too many fish 🐟!
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

old man river

« Reply #21 on: Mar 17, 2023, 12:59 PM »
  MY Advice to all , FISH ON!! :-* :laugh:
ralph

filetandrelease

« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2023, 04:13 PM »
 Old saying CYA well our rearend is now in the line of fire
 http://Researchers tested 21 brands of toilet paper and found “forever chemicals” in all of them.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2023, 05:27 PM »
the only thing that will save us is electric cars and  transgender athletes allowed  on the womens  basket ball and  swim teams .......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

knehrke

« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2023, 07:01 AM »
As a researcher and molecular geneticist, I can tell you that there's nobody on the academic side getting rich off these studies. Just workaday folks doing their best to assess causality, with the hope of preventing unintended consequences. And honestly, getting all this pushback when you're simply disseminating information is like a kick to the nuts. Nobody is going to throw you in jail if you eat fish from a contaminated water source. So why all the outrage?

One thing to be aware of: often the consequences of these toxins isn't felt until generations later through a process called "epigenetic remodeling". Mother Nature never counted on man-made chemicals interacting with our genome...and the fallout can be unpredictable. Obesity, weird allergies, even sterility - gifts you may be leaving your grandkids. Don't shoot the messenger. I eat moderate quantities of great lakes fish myself. But I hear the message. And it's too late for me to do anything about my pre-reproductive consumption. I'm well past that point now! So all you old guys on here like me - chomp away! Young guys, maybe think twice before having that second serving.

filetandrelease

« Reply #25 on: Apr 04, 2023, 07:09 AM »
 Thanks Knehrke for posting , so if you would explain to all the young people how to avoid these chemicals , it’s in almost everything that is used in every day life , including the water supply

knehrke

« Reply #26 on: Apr 04, 2023, 07:24 AM »
Yep. They're prevalent. Wish I had an answer. My point is that information is power, and knowing gives you the ability to make informed choices. I think that the idea that the major impact of these things isn't felt for generations could be lost on folks. Nobody wants to be the cause of their kids suffering - but it's nearly impossible to show this except in laboratory experiments with model organisms that live shorter lives. Do the results translate to humans? My bet would be yes, but that's a scary, scary thought.

But short of migrating to Mars, I don't think we can avoid the fallout. I guess there's a difference between living next to a pig farm and rolling in it, though.

Mac Attack

« Reply #27 on: Apr 04, 2023, 08:54 AM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Apr 04, 2023, 03:40 PM »
Yep. They're prevalent. Wish I had an answer. My point is that information is power, and knowing gives you the ability to make informed choices. I think that the idea that the major impact of these things isn't felt for generations could be lost on folks. Nobody wants to be the cause of their kids suffering - but it's nearly impossible to show this except in laboratory experiments with model organisms that live shorter lives. Do the results translate to humans? My bet would be yes, but that's a scary, scary thought.

But short of migrating to Mars, I don't think we can avoid the fallout. I guess there's a difference between living next to a pig farm and rolling in it, though.

What a well spoken point of view.
Thanks for your insight.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #29 on: Apr 04, 2023, 04:15 PM »
i just don't buy it 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.