FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Vintage  (Read 2922 times)

taxid

Re: Vintage
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2023, 12:57 PM »
Great display! I fished "Cow Bells" in the 40's and 50's. The short ones. They do work but I hate to troll. My buddy use to say lots of guys die while trolling! They fall asleep, fall over board and drown! :laugh: :laugh:
Teach

My wife says trolling is not really fishing.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

BBLoon

« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2023, 03:37 PM »
My wife says trolling is not really fishing.

I would tend to agree with your wife, but trolling with the right lure in the right place comes close!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2023, 05:42 AM »
I can't remember the last time I trolled a plug of any kind, have trolled spinners once in the past 5/6 years. It has been jigs. I do have some old wooden plugs, mostly Creek Chub's.....h2l

iceman260

« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2023, 06:12 AM »
I do troll spinners for walleyes can be very effective at times. I have started to jig for them and have had good success. H2l the walleye whisperer has taught me a lot.

Bartman44

« Reply #19 on: Feb 27, 2023, 06:05 PM »
When I was a kid, we used to troll for walleyes on Lake Champlain using June Bug Spinners with night crawlers.  It was deadly back then.

iceman260

« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2023, 06:08 AM »
I still have a few June bug spinners, tried them last year with no luck. Maybe there were no fish around when I tried them.

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2023, 01:13 PM »
  Old Muskie spinners. Won't use them. Afraid to lose them!

jperch

« Reply #22 on: Mar 13, 2023, 07:43 PM »
I like what you did with those spinners catfisher.  I have inherited some of my grandpa's old lures, thanks for the idea!

Angola Fish

« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2023, 07:29 AM »
Everyone used the june bug spinner with a nightcrawler on Erie during the 60s and 70s.  To keep it just off bottom they used chugging irons.  During that time the june bug spinner was modified by adding a yellow sally with a night crawler.  If you caught a walleye that weighed 6 pounds you got your picture  in the paper.
My fish are all the same size - bite size

FrankM

« Reply #24 on: Mar 14, 2023, 08:42 AM »

Caught these last August with hand tied spinners and 5 oz chugging irons. I love fishing old school.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.