FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New stuff?  (Read 2184 times)

gamefisher

New stuff?
« on: Mar 27, 2023, 07:18 AM »
Hope the rest of Team Maine is making the migration over from the Shanty also!  Especially pumped for trolling season after such a suspect ice season.  Got a new Hummingbird Helix 7 already for MGK to install for me as soon as I get the boat out of storage, its time for the 15 year old lowrance to say bye bye.  Boat speakers will get replaced as well.  Should be a great spring seeing how little pressure there was this winter.  Ice fishing is great but open water is where it is at. 8)

Anybody got some new stuff?  Good luck this spring guys.

hardwatergrampa

Re: New stuff?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2023, 01:31 PM »
never made it on the ice once

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2023, 01:33 PM »
What a dismal ice fishing season. I’m not much for spring fishing haha. Bring on summer stripers and fall trout 😎

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2023, 06:47 PM »
Open water fishing was good all winter. It never really ends anymore.  Some off the wall days.  March has been tougher, but no surprise there.  Ever year, I get closer and closer to a "fire sale" on my ice gear.   I don't buy much new gear.....no need for it for a shore captain in his later years.  I get by traveling light with my antiques 8)

JDK

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2023, 07:23 AM »
I only got out a few times this winter which is completely on me.

I just bought a new swimbait rod to throw smaller plugs for muskie.  I had a flipping stick that sucked and I hated.
# SAND

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2023, 08:46 AM »
I'm here! I got almost 3000 miles on my sled but not as many days on the ice as I would have hoped. Zero days camping on the ice... my trip to Chamberlain got cancelled due to conditions.

I don't have any new stuff but getting ready to tackle a big boat project, the lower floor of my Sylvan. Gonna replace the wood and do all vinyl. Big project, windshield and consoles need to be removed, rear deck, sides with the rod lockers... not looking forward to it but it will be great when it's done.

Darby

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2023, 10:32 PM »
Only hit the ice 4 times at camp, usually 8-10 times.  Worst year ever in my opinion, in March I went with the dog and only landed 2 salmon.  Usually would have gotten 10-12 to the hole.  In NJ right now picking up my new toy.....World Cat 266sf.  Definitely an ocean boat, but will get it tuned for Rangeley & Moosehead this summer.  Only drafts 18" since it's a catamaran hull.  Will post after the first Haddock trip to Jeffries Ledge

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2023, 08:30 AM »
Only hit the ice 4 times at camp, usually 8-10 times.  Worst year ever in my opinion, in March I went with the dog and only landed 2 salmon.  Usually would have gotten 10-12 to the hole.  In NJ right now picking up my new toy.....World Cat 266sf.  Definitely an ocean boat, but will get it tuned for Rangeley & Moosehead this summer.  Only drafts 18" since it's a catamaran hull.  Will post after the first Haddock trip to Jeffries Ledge
Glad I’m not the only one that had a dismal year. S#%* ain’t what it used to be.

SilverSides

« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2023, 01:15 PM »
Hope the rest of Team Maine is making the migration over from the Shanty also!  Especially pumped for trolling season after such a suspect ice season.  Got a new Hummingbird Helix 7 already for MGK to install for me as soon as I get the boat out of storage, its time for the 15 year old lowrance to say bye bye.  Boat speakers will get replaced as well.  Should be a great spring seeing how little pressure there was this winter.  Ice fishing is great but open water is where it is at. 8)

Anybody got some new stuff?  Good luck this spring guys.
I hope you got a comfy new seat for your newly Retired buddy/Co-pilot  :D 8)

gamefisher

« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2023, 03:51 PM »
I hope you got a comfy new seat for your newly Retired buddy/Co-pilot  :D 8)

Jealous!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2023, 04:02 PM »
Gamefisher, I think you will like the Helix 7, I have been using one for the past 3 years...h2l

SilverSides

« Reply #11 on: Apr 05, 2023, 06:07 AM »
I have the Helix 7 as well.....love the autochart mapping feature

gamefisher

« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2023, 09:21 AM »
I'm just hoping to remotely be able to figure the Helix out! :'(

fishlessman

« Reply #13 on: Apr 11, 2023, 10:02 AM »
new spool of blood run 20 pound copper braided line and a new skijigger board. my old one finally died last year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.