FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny opener  (Read 2883 times)

myemmy

Ny opener
« on: Mar 31, 2023, 06:49 AM »
Where you all headed for opening day , luck and send pics.

Steidyj

Re: Ny opener
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2023, 08:34 AM »
Best of luck from your neighbor to the south, PA, Ill be going to a local section of a creek on some state game lands. Has Browns, Rainbows and Goldens stocked. Going to be taking 2 spinning rods; 1 for bait, 1 for lures, and a fly rod. Hope to not have to use all 3, but after a tough opener last year I want everything and the kitchen sink to throw at em! Best of luck myemmy.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2023, 09:40 AM »
headed to a few catskill streams  good luck everyone and have fun  .......be sure you  check the  regulations on the streams and  locations your fishing  ....some places things chang   just  walking across a old road!!!!  as i found out....lucky i wasn't keeping fish that  day....lot of rules for a put and take fishery
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2023, 11:14 AM »
headed to a few catskill streams  good luck everyone and have fun  .......be sure you  check the  regulations on the streams and  locations your fishing  ....some places things chang   just  walking across a old road!!!!  as i found out....lucky i wasn't keeping fish that  day....lot of rules for a put and take fishery

Yep Trap.
Some waters don't allow live (or dead) bait.

Steidyj

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2023, 11:20 AM »
Good luck trapper, I hate when they change streams regs. year to year. Were lucky down here, PA, our fish book that you get with your license calls out special harvest bodies of water, then there's an online map viewer using Arcgis that allows you to select and view all the different types of streams and their regulations. Something cool to click through that also links to the stocking page with dates and species being stocked. Even at streams the SGC posts fliers about what type of regulations are at the body of water, this is at pull offs or parking spots near trout stocked streams in higher traffic areas.

Bartman44

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2023, 11:27 AM »
Wife is hosting a family brunch Saturday, so I'll be serving mimosas to 30 people.

I hope to get out Monday, thinking NYC Reservoirs or some smaller Catskill tribs as the big rivers are Gnarly at the moment.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2023, 01:05 PM »
I’ll be chasing perch. Good luck to the anglers targeting trout!

greensider

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2023, 01:11 PM »
If you're referring to trout there is no more opening day it's year round on most waters now

ECobb91

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2023, 02:28 PM »
Opening day to actually keep trout.

Most rivers are open to catch and release trout year round, but majority of the Brook trout ponds in the ADKs do not allow targeting trout outside of the season.

If the rain keeps holding off I plan on going out to a few small streams if they aren’t blown out or chocolate milk. I’ve never caught a trout opening day that wasn’t stocked the week leading up to it. But I also have never caught a trout in high muddy water which tends to be the case with most opening weekends

trapper2000

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2023, 03:04 PM »
opening day is a tradition  ......  my mind  will be  on the water and on the  fish and seeing  years past   headed  to the stream  in leaky hip boots with my  pop in a  old  station wagon    times i fished  with my brother   and times i took  my  children ..... it's all good  and  by the way i caught my  biggest   stream brown ever in  chocolate  milk water on a  night crawler  many mant years ago   ;D  good  luck to everyone  fishing

cnyiceguy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2023, 03:09 PM »
Back to the ADKs perch fishing until the ice is gone  ;)

Mac Attack

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2023, 03:13 PM »
I’ll be chasing reds and snook on Tuesday.

With my daughter Kelly and my wife Donna.

You got the right idea Trap.
Memories!
Reflecting on old ones and making new ones.
Good luck Monday bud.

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2023, 03:16 PM »
them snook are  fun

Mac Attack

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2023, 03:17 PM »
them snook are  fun

I built a fly rod last year Trap
Maybe soon I’ll bust it out to see what a snook is like on it.

gotagetm

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2023, 05:28 PM »
Chasing more striped trout....if I catch a spotted one ...my dogs love to eat also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.