FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: White bass  (Read 1080 times)

rivereddy

White bass
« on: Apr 13, 2023, 06:48 AM »
It's been an odd, late spring here in Indy and, while we have not experienced tornadic destruction.  We've lost a couple of trees and had the power go out 3 or 4 times.  The local streams have been too high for my liking or just flat blown out.
My annual Maumee trip hit the skids as well. This is also the time of year when friends  call and  ask if I would take them and their kids fishing.  After such a request the other day, I got to looking around on the USACE website and saw that Raccoon creek was low and clear.  I immediately went into silver bass mode and made several trips over to western Indiana.  I'll be honest, I have tried several locations and have yet to hit the "head" of the run.  We have managed decent numbers each trip

4# test on an ultralight throwing what one of my friends calls "One Eyed Eddies" - a 1/16 to 1/4 oz ball head jig/hook size 2 or 4 Aberdeen soft wire hook/ dressed with prime winter roadkilled squirrel tail dressing works just fine.

fish on/heart goes out for those caught in the bad storms
rivereddy

Teacherpreacher

Re: White bass
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2023, 07:07 AM »
Glad you got out Ed.
I have yet to make it out. Had a weird health issue that interfered getting out. Now have a friend here visiting for 8 days so looks like it will be turkey chasing before fishing!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

bigr

Re: White bass
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2023, 08:39 AM »
Other locations you might try for a good shot at the white bass is the missinawa river near the reinactment by Jalapa. Just starting to heat up. I'm sure the Sally upstream in the Mt Etna area is as well. I caught twenty to thirty yesterday searching for crappie in the Missy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.