FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My Shrine to the Blue & White...  (Read 8935 times)

fastribs85

Re: My Shrine to the Blue & White...
« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2005, 11:41 PM »
very nice my sis would be impressed she has a load of autographs from the flyers and thier farm  team also has her room painted orange and black can tell you what type of car they drive and all there stats just about even has one of the players personall email and street adress after thim and his wife sent her a t shirt signed by all the players for her birthday
naked women and beer we got it all in here

grumpymoe

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2006, 08:23 PM »
still remember collecting beehive golden corn syrup rings to send in for autographed Leaf pictures.....the first one I received was of the big "M" in 1958....dont know what happened to it.....but....oh well.....my first recollection of the Stanley Cup playoffs and seeing it on the television was in 1957 when Toronto played the Boston Bruins.....there were two players with the same last name on each team....can anyone name them??....Grump  ;D

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #17 on: Apr 29, 2006, 08:05 AM »
Here goes Grump

Barry & Brian Cullen (Leafs)

No idea on the Bruins.....tried to Cheat and Search but no good? My records also show that the Leafs were not in the PLayoffs in either 56-57 or 57-58?

Could it have been the 58-59 Playoffs?

grumpymoe

« Reply #18 on: Apr 29, 2006, 08:44 AM »
there were two players with the same last name on each team...
...I stand corrected....remember watching for the very first time on T.V.  the two players were Bob Armstrong for the Bruins, and George Armstrong for the Leafs...and heck...maybe it wasnt the playoffs....I know it was around Easter time though..now the question remaining....what year was it?  ??? Grump

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 2006, 08:51 AM »
58-59 the Bruins and Leafs met in round 1 and the Leafs knocked them out.

grumpymoe

« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2006, 12:51 PM »
How could you forget to add Bruce Gamble into the memorable mix?  ;D  his first three games in the NHL were shutouts!!!....now thats an accomplishment......and Don "sieve" Simmons.....Grump

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Actually if you look at the photo with the signed Vaive Jersey..look to the Top left corner. there is a photo of Gamble on the wall

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 02:42 PM »
i got to tell ya junky, as much as i dislike toronto, that is awesome and i give you mad respect for the dedication that went in to that. thats freeking awesome bro.  as much as you like green carp fishing, id hate to be the guy at your place talking about fishing when toronto is on the tube  ;)
                                        again mad props

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.