FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sodus and port bay spring fishing for rockies perch and gills galore  (Read 6710 times)

bigdave1018

right after ice out this area becomes alive with some of the best dock and small boat fishing ive ever had. wayside marina on the west side road in fair haven lets small boat fisher fish. crappies and gills are plentiful there. any dock in that area holds tremendous amounts of panfish. the rockies are big and out of that ice cold water taste so good. minnows for the perch and crappies and or hair or tubes for all of them. its just an incredible fishery and its virtualy unfished!!!!! give it a try,and tight lines 

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
Good info, what road do you take to access this area? Is there a state launch?

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

bigdave1018

dear jon there is a small lauch at chinook harbor[ a  public 1] and its on the west side road right in fair haven. At the north end fair haven state park has a big lauch ramp but youll have to pay there. tight lines jon

bigdave1018

jon, for more info, stop at screwy louies tackle shop right in fair haven. they will set you straight. their number is 315 947 6348 . hope this helps

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
Jon,

Also, if you take West Bay RD. to the end were the pier is there is a small gravel/sand launch to the immediate right of the gate that they have put up. At the extreme north east end of the bay. There is a lso a good size parking area.
Harold

reubenpa

is the ice out yet?   And how do I get there from Canandaigua?  I am wanting to go fishing BAD... I haven't gone in a week and a half and am going through withdrawals
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

lovetofish

I start fishing port bay about 6 years ago.  Now its my home on the water.. I love it.. iTs the best. 

bluegillking

the best place i have fished for rockies is in oswego. coast gaurd station, wrights landing marina along the rocks were the boat ramp is . you can cacth buckets of rockies every day. great place to take to take a child fishing. stop by the salmon shop they will set you in the right direction or call 315-342-2778. there many difrent types of bait to use hair jigs, twister tails, minnows,worms spinners,small stick baits, ice jigs tipped with spikes. i can't wait!!!!!!!!! ;D

JIGEMUP1

TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT KNOW:

I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON A PENCLE STYLE BOBBER, IT IS ABOUT 6" LONG

YELLOW WITH ORANGE ENDS. PEOPLE USUALLY CUT THEM IN HALF AND USE THEM WITH

1/64 LEAD HEAD JIGS FOR PANFISHING.   

Bay Bridge Sport Shop
Ridge Road,
North Rose, NY
315-587-9508
South end of Sodus Bay at the bridge

SELLS THEM. BUT, I WANT BUY THEM IN BULK. ie package. ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED.

JIGEMUP1

Back_Slider

Ask Bill (the owner) at the (Sodus) Bay Bridge Sport Shop to order them for you, maybe he'd give you a deal if your order is large enough. I've had him get specific things for me before. Or you could special order  with Jann's Netcraft (Toledo, Ohio) -- I've done that before, too.

perchslayer25

Are we talking inside the fairhaven park or down the road further past little sodus or down by the marina or the road were pleasent beach hotel is? set me straight if you would
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

JIGEMUP1

Back_Slider,

INFO MUCH APPRECIATED, THANK YOU. BUT I V'E LOOKED AT MY JANN'S NETCRAFT CATALOG

AND CAN'T FIND THE BOBBERS I AM LOOKING FOR, NOR IS LISTED ON THERE WEB SIGHT.  I

DON'T KNOW THE PROPER NAME OF THIS STYLE BOBBER.  MAYBE I WILL CALL BILL. THANKS!

JIGEMUP1

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
I cannot remember the style that you might be thinking of but I believe the brand name is "THILL"  try this site to see if it helps you out http://lindyfishingtackle.com/tackleshop/customer/home.php?cat=490 

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

bigdave1018

the man who makes the pencilstyle bobbers for the bay bridge tackle shop passed away . the owner said that once the ones he had in stock were gone, that was it. you can try jigemup,but he told me he had less then 1000 of them left and after that there aint nomo!!!!!!!!!!

bigdave1018

dear perchslayer,the road where the launches are in fair haven is called west bay road. about 1/4 mile going on that road, you come to chinook harbor, youll see a small marina, the wayside, on your right . turn right and at the end of that road, right by chinook harbor restaurant, is the public launch. very limited parking so get there early. stay on the west bay road to the end and there is another public launch there but the launch ramp is real sandy and muddy so a 4 wheel drive is the ticket for launching your boat thare. parking is also limited there to. hope this was a help to you tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.