FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sodus and port bay spring fishing for rockies perch and gills galore  (Read 6711 times)

bigdave1018

dear reubenpa, going out of syracuse you take 690 west to the baldwinsville exit. go down the ramp and bear right onto 370 west. from there you keep going, you will pass through the towns of meridian and cato. about 3 miles out of cato you will see a flashing light and the sign for fair haven state park go right and follow that road to fair haven. from the thurway get off at the weedsport exit.go left  back over the thruway bridge[ you will be on 34 north] and follow that road into cato. at that light in cato, turn left and follow the road [ its 370west] to the flashing light in victory. its about 3 miles out of cato, you cant miss it. turn right and follow the signs to fair haven , youll will be on 38 north. i hope this helps you find fair haven.

ajwiez2

the best place i have fished for rockies is in oswego. coast gaurd station, wrights landing marina along the rocks were the boat ramp is . you can cacth buckets of rockies every day. great place to take to take a child fishing. stop by the salmon shop they will set you in the right direction or call 315-342-2778. there many difrent types of bait to use hair jigs, twister tails, minnows,worms spinners,small stick baits, ice jigs tipped with spikes. i can't wait!!!!!!!!! ;D
I can attest to what you said about the rockies at the Coast Guard  Station I was  stationed there in the 70's and used to fish for them there back then . I could always go out for 15 -20 minutes and catch enough for a nice fish fry for four of us most of them as big or bigger than my hand .I used to catch some huge craps and perch  there in the boat slip right after ice out .

reubenpa

thanks
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

perchslayer25

do i have to be on the boat....or can i catch them of the docks
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

bigdave1018

There are 2 piers on the north end of sodus bay. 1 is accessible from the state park and 1 is at the end of the west side road. Both are a long walk to get to the fishing. Most of the docks there are private so you are better off having a small boat so that you can fish any dock you want from the water. I fish off frost havens pier because i know the owners grandson and he lets me fish there. Panfishing there right around cherry blossom time [ from early april on] is 2nd to none.

perchslayer25

i fish the docks to the right of the marina in fairhaven before alle the big boats get in there
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
is the ice out yet?   And how do I get there from Canandaigua?  I am wanting to go fishing BAD... I haven't gone in a week and a half and am going through withdrawals

The ice is breaking up and moving through the channel as we speak. Last weak the entire mouth was open but know all of the bergs from mid bay are moving through. Shouldn't be too much longer. A good strong south windy day is what we need.
Harold

reubenpa

thanks, keep me posted, I want to try up there for the panfish sometime
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bigdave1018

perchslayer 25, howey 1176 lives just outside fair haven and i live just 6 miles west right in north wolcott. we all should hook up sometime and fish . you can email me at [email protected]  if interested tks from big dave

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Can someone post a picture about the bobber Jigmeup is talking about?

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

perchslayer25

Bigdave.....i sent you an email...let me know what you think...or if you have instant message...you ca IM at Imahoyt1230

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.