FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finger Lakes Smelt Runs Updates  (Read 2682 times)

bigfish1556

Finger Lakes Smelt Runs Updates
« on: Mar 20, 2004, 09:37 AM »
Hi all -

Thought I would start a separate thread to keep things more organized regionally within NY - I know the smelt runs occur quite sporadically depending on where you are (i.e. Northeastern NY vs. Finger Lakes region).

I know for many of the finger lakes smelters(?) it can be quite a drive to your favorite stream in the spring, and it's quite a bummer to make the trip only to find out you're a week early or a week late......

Let's keep each other informed of our successes down on Cayuga, Seneca, Canadaigua, etc!  Looking forward to this springtime ritual....... :)
We may say of angling, as Dr. Boteler said of strawberries, “Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did;” and so, if I might be judge, God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.  -Izaak Walton

Flyfisher

Re: Finger Lakes Smelt Runs Updates
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2004, 01:10 PM »
Anything yet on Cayuga?????

mrlongbeard1

Re: Finger Lakes Smelt Runs Updates
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:18 PM »
  It's my understanding that the Zebra Mussles in the lakes have reduced the Smelt population severly. Or to almost no existants. That was for some of the Fingar lakes such as Keuka lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.