FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yak Fishing!  (Read 7594 times)

gonephishin

• I can catch fish in a mud puddle
Re: Yak Fishing!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2008, 11:52 AM »
How bout its an awsome set up if it doesnt.Nice guys.

Yeah it is...I love the camera idea. I have the hardest time shootin pics of myself. The guys a genius
Here fishy fishy fishy

bucketmouth

« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2008, 03:30 PM »
An easy way to shoot yourself with a point and shoot camera is by practicing at home.  Try placing it on different surfaces and at different heights and pose pretending your holding up a fish positioning yourself at different distance intervals from the camera.  Works like a charm, wife might think you're an obsessive nutso though, LOL.

D.

kappy

« Reply #17 on: Apr 01, 2008, 09:53 AM »
speaking of Kayaks  thinking about purchasing one for the local ponds around me
any suggestions, also could I tie it down on my roof rack on my blazer
or do I need some special rack for it,,  how much would I need to spend  for a decent easy to handle one, I never even tried a yak before, are they more stable than a canoe   thanks for any advice kappy   I am getting excited talking about it, I sold my boat  this just sounds like alot of fun, and you can launch anywhere, I just really want the most stable one I can
buy, also I know no registration but you do need a light on it at night right,
sorry so many questions guys  I am ready though for sure  you can PM me if you would like

what do you think about this  looks good to me

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2047642&cp=2291570&sr=1&origkw=kayak&parentPage=family

this even looks better     

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2010452&cp=2291570&sr=1&origkw=kayak&parentPage=family

chezmoose

• Take a cur kayaking...
« Reply #18 on: Apr 01, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Kappy, for short trips, you should be able to put the yak on your existing roof rack. You may want to put pipe insulation or something on the cross bars for a little padding. If you're going on long trips, it'd probably be safer to invest in a rack system.
Personally, I don't think I'd want an inflatable. Too many things that could go wrong. Sit-on-top or sit inside is purely a personal preference, but I'd have to believe the the sit-inside would keep you dryer and be more stable.
In my experience a kayak is much more stable than a canoe. We have the Wilderness Systems Pungo 120s and you'd have to try hard to flip them. They only weigh about 50#, so fairly easy to load by yourself.
http://www.wildernesssystems.com/

chezmoose

• Take a cur kayaking...
« Reply #19 on: Apr 01, 2008, 02:36 PM »
An easy way to shoot yourself with a point and shoot camera is by practicing at home.  Try placing it on different surfaces and at different heights and pose pretending your holding up a fish positioning yourself at different distance intervals from the camera.  Works like a charm, wife might think you're an obsessive nutso though, LOL.

On my digital camera, the LCD screen flips out and spins around so you can view it from any angle. If one had a desire to take pictures of theirself, it would be quite easy.   ::)

bucketmouth

« Reply #20 on: Apr 01, 2008, 10:47 PM »
I agree with Chez.  Pipe insulation is fine, and if you want something a little more specific they sell foam blocks for your rack as well.

I wish my camera had an lcd flip like that Chez... I bring my old cheap one out on quick runs, and my DSLR when I want to get larger format stuff and wildlife photos. 

tight lines
Don

kappy

« Reply #21 on: Apr 02, 2008, 05:36 AM »
k thanks for the help guys  chez  we have a dealer that is local  I am going to check the wilderness out, they look nice,   good info, no inflatable for me, way back
we used a small rubber raft,  forget that, lots of different ones out there for sure
thanks again Kappy

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2008, 05:55 AM »
cabelas sells clamp-on navigation lights. i use them on my row boats. better safe than sorry. ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

chezmoose

• Take a cur kayaking...
« Reply #23 on: Apr 02, 2008, 12:32 PM »
chez  we have a dealer that is local  I am going to check the wilderness out, they look nice,   

Is your dealer near the water? Some dealers have demo or rental models that they'll let you take out and test drive so you can decide what you like best.

kappy

« Reply #24 on: Apr 02, 2008, 07:50 PM »
yes they are right on the water,  I'll wait until it warms up a little

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2008, 09:10 PM »
ive already been out in the the water in my yak its amazing 2 rod holders and fishfinder = amazing
Loren .W.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.