FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wny anglers 05 pics (5-15 erie walleye fishing pg4)  (Read 9757 times)

wny angler

Re: wny anglers 05 pics (5-1 crappies)
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 03:22 PM »
went out for perch Saturday on Erie but they were more interested in spawning than eatin my bait,caught a few smallmouths and a mess of  pesky  round gobys.

brought a few gobys home to keep my pet snapper company  :P

guess he doesn't like gobys either  ;) but then again he didnt like the lamprey eel i brought home a couple weeks ago either

wny angler

Re: wny anglers 05 pics (5-1 crappies)
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 03:41 PM »
went out with the boy for a few hours this morning for some last chance steelhead fishing before the water warms and the fish vacate the streams till next fall.
the water was in perfect green condition and although they  were all post spawn fish ,they've had a month to recover and were putting on an acrobatic show and making drag sizzling runs. i ended up landing 9 and the kid got 3 but as usual he got the big fish of the day- a mean 30 inch buck.
    we kept enough this year already so we released em all unharmed today  ;)

hooked up with the first fish of the morning

the kid with his first of the day

another hard fighting hen

the kid with another steely

my best fish of the day -no lunker but a real fighter

the kid with the lunker of the day -a 30 inch buck

CarogaKid

• If the fish aren't Biting....Grab another Beer!!
Re: wny anglers 05 pics (5-8 last chance steelies)
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 05:55 PM »
Nice steelies...And nice snapping turtle..I used to have 3 pet snapping turtles, that I would feed goldfish.. They were pretty neat pets

Deposit

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Wow, Nice steelies (I like to snaper too LOL) :P

Kyle

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 09:29 PM »
SWEET STEALHEAD!!!! I'd die to fish for those..they must be a blast!! 8) 8)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 09:51 PM »
Those are some sweet steelies man!

Bartman44

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2005, 04:11 PM »
That's quite the spot. May used to be a great time to fish on the Salmon in it's heyday.  Tee-shirts instead of parkas. 

That shot of you fighting a fish is one for the wall frame.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Nice steelies! Your fish vacate the streams in the summer ???where do they go? Our trout (rainbows, cutthroats, cuttbows, and browns) just stay in the river year round.

wny angler

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Nice steelies! Your fish vacate the streams in the summer ???where do they go? Our trout (rainbows, cutthroats, cuttbows, and browns) just stay in the river year round.
  the steelhead around here start moving into the streams early september and stay till april /may depending on the weather and flows then head back out into the great lakes (erie/ontario) to get fat feeding on smelt and other baitfish

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Really nice fish man, thanks for the pictures. Seems like you know the honey holes. ;)
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2005, 02:59 PM »
nice steelies WNY ANGLER,  just curious what the bait of choice is this time of year in the streams? bright colored egg patterns or a fly hatch pattern... or worms?
great pics, thanks for sharing!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2005, 04:27 PM »
oak, I may be speaking for wny but I'm pretty sure he is purely an egg sack guy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

wny angler

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005, 07:44 PM »
oak, I may be speaking for wny but I'm pretty sure he is purely an egg sack guy. Correct me if I'm wrong.
   right on the money tfb.  i mainly drift sacs (brown trout eggs) -  the fly guys do good on sucker spawn imitations and some of the spinning guys do good casting spinners(vibrax-panther martins) but all the casting and reeling is too much like work fer me -i prefer slow drifting spawn

wny angler

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2005, 08:31 PM »
went out for some night time walleye fishing on lake Erie but couldn't get out in the open lake -my fishing partner was scared to head out in 3-5 ft waves so we stayed inside the harbor walls and tried there. didn't see any walleyes and the kid got the only bite and hooked into something huge and got spooled after a 20 minute battle-probably a monster catfish but we'll never know  :-\
     the fishing was slow all night but at first light fish were jumping and feeding all over the place in the current from the thermal discharge from the power plant.
    for the next few hours we caught one fish after another and ended up landing and releasing close to 100 smallmouth bass between the 3 of us.
        by the time we left i could barely raise my arm-the fish put a real hurt-in on me  :P
       best smallmouth fishing ive ever experienced -had many double and triple headers.

my first of the morning

the lake calmed down for a short time in the morning and made for a beautiful
sunrise

another double header

a few more bass shots

hooked into something big -took quite a while to land this huge sheephead(freshwater drum)

no where as big but another good size sheepy

got a few of these too -looked like white bass but seemed much larger than usual
and had broken pattern on their stripes -fought as hard as the smallies did-almost ;) ;)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: wny anglers 05 pics (5-15 erie walleye fishing pg4)
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2005, 10:26 PM »
now THAT looks like fun, walleyes or not!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.