FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake michigan  (Read 32601 times)

abishop

Re: Lake michigan
« Reply #285 on: Sep 21, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Cant go today. I have a guy coming over to hopefully buy my camper.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #286 on: Sep 21, 2019, 11:31 AM »
Thanks for the depressing report!!I knew I should of gone there😡Glad you did well ,rub it in some more what was the size?

wallin

« Reply #287 on: Sep 22, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Friday we were throwing back 9 inch fish, lots of bigger 10, 11 inch fish.
Doubles like crazy. Couldn't keep 1 rod in the water.
Wallin

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #288 on: Sep 22, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Thanks for your report,one of these days I would like to be on a good perch bite like that and spend the xtra Denero for Michigan license👍

Spooled85

« Reply #289 on: Sep 22, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Thanks for your report,one of these days I would like to be on a good perch bite like that and spend the xtra Denero for Michigan license👍

Just gotta get on them when the shallow perch bite starts it lasts for quite awhile . And we pound them double like crazy and alot of 13 to 15 inch perch . And never run to Michigan.they can keep there expensive license

abishop

« Reply #290 on: Sep 22, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Just gotta get on them when the shallow perch bite starts it lasts for quite awhile . And we pound them double like crazy and alot of 13 to 15 inch perch . And never run to Michigan.they can keep there expensive license
I am inclined to think like you. I think that with the winds being consistent that perch once found should be in that same depth range within a few feet reguardless whether in New Buffalo, Michigan City or Portage area. I havent heard anything all year further west???? Just  my 2 cents. I do like the larger bag limits in Michigan. Might give it a try one time and only pay for a 1 day license. Just to know where to go in case??????? Have yet to catch any monsters yet all year, but I prefer the 9 inch, they taste better. Would like a 15 some day, or even 16. I know they are in there but I have never got anything larger than a 14 1/2 inch in the 50 years fishing Lake Michigan.....

Spooled85

« Reply #291 on: Sep 22, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Yep , and this yr has been a good one for me atkeast even tho I haven't been out in a good bit. I got my fill and have some nice bags in the freezer so I can have a good perch meal this winter.  I would like to get out at least one more time for them. I was going to go Saturday but got called in for work . Now season is fixing to take off so we will see if I can make one more outing

abishop

« Reply #292 on: Sep 22, 2019, 07:58 PM »
In the same boat. Hoping to get out Saturday. The end is near. Need a couple more bags to stock the freezer. Havent had any in freezer for a few years. Nice to have a perch dinner in winter. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.