FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Couple Hours, Couple Trout  (Read 1196 times)

bogtrotter

Couple Hours, Couple Trout
« on: Aug 21, 2019, 06:05 PM »
I fished the South Hoosic in Adams, from Mullen Mayflower to Elm Rock, for a couple hours this afternoon.

The weather was muggy, about 77 degrees, and overcast.

Stream levels were fairly low (considering the rain we've had), but not too bad.

I caught a 10 rainbow near where I started, and beached a slightly larger one (11") below the footbridge downstream from the BB bridge.

Other than some light taps by minnows or dace, those were the only strikes that I had.

lowaccord66

Re: Couple Hours, Couple Trout
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2019, 07:34 AM »
I wanted to fish last night after work.  However 3 hrs of sleep the previous night left me exhausted.  Glad you got out.  I want to fish that stretch again after the fall leaf hatch.

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2019, 09:05 AM »
Nice work Jim.  I've tried the Westfield again and the flows are terribly low.  I caught countless small smallmouth but never saw a trout.  Place I was fishing is LOADED with crayfish.  I caught a 7 inch smallmouth that spit up a crayfish and had two more in its mouth.  Yet it still hit my fly.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2019, 04:09 PM »
Nice work Jim.  I've tried the Westfield again and the flows are terribly low.  I caught countless small smallmouth but never saw a trout.  Place I was fishing is LOADED with crayfish.  I caught a 7 inch smallmouth that spit up a crayfish and had two more in its mouth.  Yet it still hit my fly.

Sorry to hear the Westfield is so low, although the number of smallmouth and crayfish is encouraging, I think.

Which branch of the Westfield were you on?

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Nice work Jim!
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2019, 08:18 AM »
Sorry to hear the Westfield is so low, although the number of smallmouth and crayfish is encouraging, I think.

Which branch of the Westfield were you on?

I was on the main branch.  I took a drive along the middle branch and it was barely flowing.  The East Branch is still fishing okay but the trout are mostly stacked up in larger pools.  I'd guess the west branch is similar to the middle branch but I haven't visited it recently.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.