FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Port Clinton  (Read 2413 times)

180 Pro

Port Clinton
« on: Jun 06, 2012, 03:40 AM »
Headed to Port Clinton to fish Walleye the 23rd and 24th of June, anyone have any info on how they're doing out there. Is the Mayfly hatch done or will it be by then?

Any info greatly appreciated.

dutch 1

Re: Port Clinton
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Just got off the phone with a friend that just came back frome there.The mayflies are just starting,here's a report from this past week.Fish 27-29 fow trolling jet divers 30-40' range(tripseys) off a planer board.If you don't have any jet divers they sell 'em at most bait shops there.What was working last week might not work in three weeks so maybe ask around while there.Pulling stinger poo bear(color) was the ticket,about 4 ft behind jet diver.

Like I said before fish move around so the places they were fishing were producing very well were between the a and b cans parrallel to them.Another spot north of west sister in us waters was producing also.The night bite was on the reefs pitching Frenzies and reef runners.Heck if I didn't have obligations I'd be there myself.Good luck!

180 Pro

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2012, 03:38 AM »
Thanks for the info. Five or six of us usually go out but we charter with captains that only drift and have us pull a rig called a weapon that is tipped with a crawler. Not much opportunity to change up things, but we usually do pretty well. Everything thing I hear this year about the walleye there seems to be that they are on the larger size. I hope we get into them but even if it's slow, it's a weekend of fun and no work! Plus, I get to try out my new Fenwick HMG and Pflueger reel.

Thanks again,

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2012, 03:12 PM »

you can also run lead core to

whistlepig

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Go to happyhookerbaitandtackle.com  They have information for the entire Western Basin and tell you what they are biting on and where. They are a excellent bait shop everything you will need.  ;)

180 Pro

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2012, 07:54 PM »
Go to happyhookerbaitandtackle.com  They have information for the entire Western Basin and tell you what they are biting on and where. They are a excellent bait shop everything you will need.  ;)

Will do, thanks for the tip!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.