FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 150443 times)

mr.clean

Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #540 on: Mar 03, 2019, 08:01 PM »
Raquettedacker nice work with the checkers kind of you to leave some games at camp grounds you have visited.
Rgfixit cleaver design on the tic-tac-toe games like how the marbles are stored in the game board. The marble machine is going to have many features when completed. Nice to receive thank you notes ,your games are a fun way to connect young children to history and games children enjoyed back in the 18-19 hundreds. Have you given any thought to making some of those IQ games that use golf tees.

Steve

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #541 on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:41 AM »
There's a thousand little wood games from all over the world. Fun to duplicate some of hem. My son and I had fun working on the marble machine yesterday. Made some more progress. Had my neighbor and JoJo over for dinner last night.

JoJo had almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and a piece of Italian sausage. He also had fun demolishing a pile of Popsicle sticks. I showed him the rolling ball sculpture and he was just like everyone who's looked at it. Kind of mesmerize.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #542 on: Mar 04, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Simply said, you amaze all! Lol.  ;)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Mac Attack

« Reply #543 on: Mar 04, 2019, 05:35 PM »
There's a thousand little wood games from all over the world. Fun to duplicate some of hem. My son and I had fun working on the marble machine yesterday. Made some more progress. Had my neighbor and JoJo over for dinner last night.

JoJo had almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and a piece of Italian sausage. He also had fun demolishing a pile of Popsicle sticks. I showed him the rolling ball sculpture and he was just like everyone who's looked at it. Kind of mesmerize.

Rg

They love chicken.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #544 on: Mar 05, 2019, 01:27 AM »
The weather geniuses issued a winter weather advisory for us predicting 8-16" of snow. So I sacked out really early last night expecting to plow this morning. And,......now I'm awake at 2am with no snow on the ground and none falling.
Caiques are definitely meat eaters. He especially loves chicken bones. There's nutrients in the marrow that he needs and he really enjoys shredding them. He's a well socialized little guy. George takes him everywhere. In the cold weather JoJo just crawls inside George's jacket and hangs out till they get where they're going.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #545 on: Mar 11, 2019, 02:32 AM »
Here's the marble machine as of yesterday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wVH24qEpj0A&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for the poor video quality. I'll get a better one with my camera .

4 tracks completed so far. 2 more partially done. We're adding yet another diverter to make 1 or maybe 2 more tracks. We're pondering the open spaces in the machine and tossing ideas around for some different components. We have some bowls and such but some of them ring so loudly I fear they'll drown out the other audible elements.

One thing for sure....it's getting noisy 👍👍

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #546 on: Mar 11, 2019, 06:10 AM »
Nice Bob....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

mr.clean

« Reply #547 on: Mar 11, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Rg/Bob , you and your son have sure put a lot of different elements into this marble machine.

Steve

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #548 on: Mar 16, 2019, 03:22 AM »
We're still going Steve. I should get one more track finished today with two to go after that. It's getting pretty complicated going from point A to point B. But that's the fun part and the transitions become they're own element. I'm hoping to be  finished with this in a couple weeks. We are planning an outdoor rolling ball sculpture build this summer. Somewhere around 12' tall and 6' around using golf balls.

The plan is to build it without any nails, screws or permanent metal components. This fall we want to create some sort of balls that will absorb a fuel, like mineral spirits. We want to light them on fire, release them and have them ignite the entire tower.

Our version of the " Burning Man" festival. We're calling it the "Burning Balls" festival. We plan a big party and a Chinese lantern launch that night. We'll probably get arrested, but it'll be worth it.

Rg

big_guy_13021

« Reply #549 on: Mar 28, 2019, 08:33 PM »
I'm a little behind over here that marble machine is pretty cool

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #550 on: Mar 29, 2019, 03:42 AM »
It's close to being completed. I'm working on the final track. Wait till you see it fully operational. My son and I just stand there laughing. There's a lot of stuff going on and it makes a lot of different sounds.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #551 on: Mar 29, 2019, 05:48 PM »

Way cool :o :laugh: :laugh: Great tune too  ;)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #552 on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:01 PM »
We're still going Steve. I should get one more track finished today with two to go after that. It's getting pretty complicated going from point A to point B. But that's the fun part and the transitions become they're own element. I'm hoping to be  finished with this in a couple weeks. We are planning an outdoor rolling ball sculpture build this summer. Somewhere around 12' tall and 6' around using golf balls.

The plan is to build it without any nails, screws or permanent metal components. This fall we want to create some sort of balls that will absorb a fuel, like mineral spirits. We want to light them on fire, release them and have them ignite the entire tower.

Our version of the " Burning Man" festival. We're calling it the "Burning Balls" festival. We plan a big party and a Chinese lantern launch that night. We'll probably get arrested, but it'll be worth it.

Rg
My Bride has informed me that if we aren't present she will be extremely disappointed, and if you are worried about being arrested, our local police could care less about bonfires, you can bring it here and we'll provide the Feast  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #553 on: Mar 29, 2019, 07:21 PM »
My Bride has informed me that if we aren't present she will be extremely disappointed, and if you are worried about being arrested, our local police could care less about bonfires, you can bring it here and we'll provide the Feast  ;D

You're in Bud! I'll risk the fine. We've had a few big old campfires in the past without reprocussion.
My son and I are gonna hang out Sunday, have a few Heineken and work on some plans. He's the real artist in the family and shares my warped sense of humor.

I may have gone wrong raising him.

But....what the hell!

Rg

icefisher47

« Reply #554 on: Mar 30, 2019, 06:57 PM »
That Marble machine is very cool. You and your son are very talented. That festival sounds awesome. Hopefully you put it on you tube so everyone can see it.
Take a kid fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.