FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: live bait or artificial  (Read 10518 times)

broken rod

• CPR
live bait or artificial
« on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:42 PM »
 what your thoughts on this i my self have the most luck with live bait  :)
tight lines, chuck

Mackdaddy21

Re: live bait or artificial
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:50 PM »
Here in western Colorado you can't use live minnows, but nightcrawlers work really well. However they are generally assaulted upon by bluegill, so I stick with lures usually.
Soft jerkbaits like flukes and slug - o's are the deadliest bass lure in existance. By using lighter line than most bass men (six pound test) you can use these lures as both finesse lures and long casting search lures. I have little trouble wrestling six pound largies from cover on six pound test.
Also carrying smaller, deep running cranks and rapala skitterpops will suit you for most all bass situations.

Tyler

jigginstick

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2004, 06:34 AM »
 I think its more of a challenge and more fun with artificial. Thats all thats in my boat.
Jig,Jig,Jig

suskymusky

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2004, 08:33 AM »
I use live bait most of the time. I just started using artificials a few years back.My friend turned me on to tubes and topwater.He was outfishing me, and I asked for a tube.They worked better than my bait.Sometimes, bait works better, and he's bumming helgrammites and stonecats from me. Other times they won't hit bait, and I switch to trolling Rapalas or topwater,or whatever it takes to get a fish.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2004, 03:38 PM »
I think live bait outfishes artificial.  However,  I fish artificials 90% of the time because of the challenge and I am not out to catch Bass to eat.  I want to master the technique as well as the catching.

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:27 PM »
can't beat live bait but it is also fun to use artificial baits aswell.
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:50 PM »
if the bluegills get your worms, use the bluegills for bait, I catch HUGE bass EASILY this way. Too bad it's illegal for some people

besides those live fish, everyone else is on the money

fastribs85

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2004, 10:19 PM »
hey ill use whatever it takes but when all else fails try the live stuff but i love the challenge of arti ficials
naked women and beer we got it all in here

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2004, 06:18 AM »
I have out fished live bait several times. I can't use it during tourney's anyway so why bother with it. I feel your a better fisherman when you stomp the fish without it.

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2004, 06:24 PM »
I have used both and both are fun. Senkos are murder on bass and for that fact other fish. Nothing beats a good crawfish though especially for smallies.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

nuke1neil

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2004, 07:35 PM »
I have out fished live bait several times. I can't use it during tourney's anyway so why bother with it. I feel your a better fisherman when you stomp the fish without it.
Let's not be judgemental to our fishing brothers and sisters.You are not a better fisherman if you use artificials!It does'nt matter what you use if you don't know where to find the fish.That's the name of the game.The better fisherman is the one who catches the most fish the most often.

Browntrout08

« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2004, 09:59 PM »
In a Bassmaster issue last year, a writer said it was like a practical joke using live bait.  I was offended by that satement, even though I mostly use artificial lures.  Lures or live bait, it's still fishing.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2004, 06:08 AM »
I agree with Browntrout on this one.  Fishing is not a joke,  it's a way of life!!!  I put lots of time into thinking,  reading,  and going fishing.  I don't care how you fish.  If you use live bait,  more power to you,  artificials,  you go boy or girl.  I will teach my children both methods and let them decide for themselves just as I have.  I don't agree with every post I read,  but that doesn't mean that I can judge that person or say degrading remarks.
(Mike steps off his soapbox to ponder his next fishing purchase)

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2004, 11:42 AM »
Okay I'll make my statement clear. When "I" have used live bait and artifical I have done better with the artifical. Not being judgmental to anybody here so chill.  I see this alot when I'm crappie fishing. Nothing against those that have to use live bait to catch fish.  ;D

can_of_worms

« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:26 PM »
Nobody said that they have to use live bait to catch fish. If someone enjoys fishing live bait so be it, they never said you had to. Don't be so aggressive towards others style of fishing that they enjoy. I feel it is much more relaxing to fish live bait. It all depends on what everyone wants out of a day of fishing, some people actually go out to have fun, fish or no fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.