FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1477942 times)

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #7515 on: Jul 03, 2020, 07:34 AM »
Thanks for the report guys... Eventually I'll catch up at work and get the boat out. Need to put some gas through her.
My customers can't keep ordering machined parts like toilet paper forever! Meanwhile, been enjoying the fish pics....

filetandrelease

« Reply #7516 on: Jul 03, 2020, 12:18 PM »

Going to be hot next week

reeleyz

« Reply #7517 on: Jul 03, 2020, 12:57 PM »
It sure is. Some cooler weather would be nice.

gotagetm

« Reply #7518 on: Jul 03, 2020, 04:28 PM »
Yup gonna be brutal working on roads guys blacktopping my hard hat off to them and are guide rail will be hot also ,stay hydrated men and women to those who say it is not hot enough send me a pm and I'll gladly put you on my crew lifting 36 footer's of box beam off a truck (740lbs ) each and you'll have a different tune  by end of day ,just like guys raking  325 degree black top in this crap it can be brutal ,sorry had to vent

filetandrelease

« Reply #7519 on: Jul 03, 2020, 04:35 PM »

God I miss raking and looting black top 🤥
 All you guys working out in it stay hydrated

gotagetm

« Reply #7520 on: Jul 03, 2020, 04:45 PM »
i really commend you guys that did blacktop or concrete i did them for a few years and was horribile to me i still do some concrete for sign bases (few know what im talking about )but hats off to you guys

filetandrelease

« Reply #7521 on: Jul 03, 2020, 05:23 PM »
He knows the trick to getting bigger fish is to hold them closer to the camera.  ;D
I think the reason is I’m not as big as the 2 young guys I fish with , those 3 were 18.25-19.5

Badbrad2186

« Reply #7522 on: Jul 04, 2020, 12:32 PM »
Yup gonna be brutal working on roads guys blacktopping my hard hat off to them and are guide rail will be hot also ,stay hydrated men and women to those who say it is not hot enough send me a pm and I'll gladly put you on my crew lifting 36 footer's of box beam off a truck (740lbs ) each and you'll have a different tune  by end of day ,just like guys raking  325 degree black top in this crap it can be brutal ,sorry had to vent

I feel ya I hang gutters for s living let me tell you shingles are hot and the next week or so is gunna be absolutely brutal. I'll be drinking 2-3 gallons of water a day also if you
Guys are drunk sports drinks make sure your drinking sugar free sports drinks as the regular ones are full.of sugar and sugary drinks and 90° dont mix well. Also ita better to drink room temperature water not ice cold water doesnt shock your body when its room temperature

KingPerch

« Reply #7523 on: Jul 04, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Framing and roofing is a great time on hot days!!🤪 Freddie, I’ve done enough roofing on hot days... but, I wouldn’t want anything to do with paving. You were an animal on the job back in the day!!💪🏻
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #7524 on: Jul 04, 2020, 02:55 PM »
  it’s all hot work , You guys play hard and safely

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7525 on: Jul 04, 2020, 04:36 PM »
 drinking too much water can also be dangerous. Overhydration can lead to water intoxication. This occurs when the amount of salt and other electrolytes in your body become too diluted. Hyponatremia is a condition in which sodium (salt) levels become dangerously low.In severe cases, water intoxication can cause seizures, brain damage, a coma, and even death. Bottom line: Drinking too much water can increase the pressure inside the skull. This can cause various symptoms and, in severe cases, become fatal.....

i really don't know how much is to much i found this interesting a few years ago a young soldier at ft benning died at RANGER school ,cause of death  was overhydration
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

gotagetm

« Reply #7526 on: Jul 04, 2020, 05:43 PM »
Absolutely true trap ,and roofing guys,gutter guys and all others stay hydrated,not to much always be just a bit thirsty then your not overloaded never thought you could drink to much water till I saw a guy water " intoxicated" dropped his saline and sugar levels to almost critical ambulance gave him something in iv not sure what but he came back fine

KingPerch

« Reply #7527 on: Jul 04, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Interesting read Trap! Never knew a person could drink too much on a hot day. I always leave water and sports drinks in the shade. I could never drink ice cold drinks on a hot day. Josh is running alongside me full time now. He’s starting to get “acclimated” to this weather. All of us just need to be smart about how we roll during these hot days. Play and work safe everyone!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

cnypanfisher

« Reply #7528 on: Jul 04, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Back in by 8 the last 2 mornings, those eel flies are going away and they are getting hungry again.

:)

filetandrelease

« Reply #7529 on: Jul 04, 2020, 06:44 PM »

Never seen water intoxication
 Seen several heat exhaustion cases though

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.