FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Working on camp -- UPDATE 7/31  (Read 11163 times)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Working on camp -- UPDATE 7/31
« on: Jul 05, 2006, 04:20 PM »
I think the old guys are getting a little soft.  Three years ago we had an outhouse and gas lanterns at deer camp.  Since then we've added running water, electricity, and this past weekend we put up tongue and groove paneling.  I warned them that if they keep this up, the wives are going to start coming out... :'(

We worked for 15 hours on Saturday, making the last cuts by firelight with a headlamp ;D

At some point, I got my sweaty paws all over the camera lens.  It made for a cool, if inadvertent, filter affect on the lights.

Just for fun, here are the majority of us in happier times.  I'm on the left in the brush pants.  Guess who does most of the driving? ;)

Notice the nice, cheap paneling that somebody got for free years ago.  What was wrong with that?  It's getting way too comfy out there.  Before you know it we'll be having tea and crumpets and... gasp... taking showers

I'm sure I'll get crap from the younger generation when I get old and soft, but until then, I'll just keep giving it to these guys ;D  I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Pikeguy

Re: Working on camp
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2006, 07:16 AM »
Creature comforts are always hard to swallow at first. Won't be long & you won't know how you ever lived without that stuff  ;D  Cool looking place, by the way ;)

esox slayer

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2006, 07:21 AM »
Nice looking camp.....running water??  At camp??  Our running water is catching the water running off the eaves...great looking job....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2006, 07:40 AM »
Where's the hot tub? ::)
I didn't come here to stay home.

Out4Trout

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Quote:
We worked for 15 hours on Saturday, making the last cuts by firelight with a headlamp

It's funny how we will all hours of the day and night on our own projects, but if our employer wanted us to work those hours..... :nono:   :rotflol:  Nice looking place.

JETSTER

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Wheres the pics of the game pole,Weighted down with giant bucks? :D

By the way nice camp....

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Quote:
We worked for 15 hours on Saturday, making the last cuts by firelight with a headlamp

It's funny how we will all hours of the day and night on our own projects, but if our employer wanted us to work those hours..... :nono:   :rotflol:  Nice looking place.
Unfortunately, my employer does ask me to work like that on occasion.  It sucks at the time but the check is nice and I love my job, so I get through.

Wheres the pics of the game pole,Weighted down with giant bucks? :D

By the way nice camp....
The pole has been sadly devoid of giant bucks the past few years.  We're trying to remedy that ;)

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Nice camp!! We have a shower at my deer/fish camp and it is excellent after a few days to be refreshed by a hot shower ;D.

Robb

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Where's the hot tub? ::)
I hope they never get that in their heads!!!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Nice camp!! We have a shower at my deer/fish camp and it is excellent after a few days to be refreshed by a hot shower ;D.

Robb
I'm sure.  The new shower is going in sometime in September.  As much as I like to give them crap, I'm looking forward to a shower about 5 days into deer season. ;D

Pikeguy

« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:43 AM »
I'm sure.  The new shower is going in sometime in September.  As much as I like to give them crap, I'm looking forward to a shower about 5 days into deer season. ;D

I'm sure your hunting buddies are looking forward to you having one as well  ;) ;D :evil:

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:54 AM »
looks like the classic deer camp :)

Fishing is life

MIRC!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #12 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:59 AM »
I'm sure your hunting buddies are looking forward to you having one as well  ;) ;D :evil:

Guilty as charged :'(  
They don't exactly smell like lillies amongst the grass either.  It's a good addition for everyone involved.  I think anyone who's spent 15 days or more in a cramped space with 9 other beer swilling, bean gobbling men would agree  :sick:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jul 15, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Guilty as charged :'(  
 I think anyone who's spent 15 days or more in a cramped space with 9 other beer swilling, bean gobbling men would agree  :sick:

I would think another type of running water is needed to remedy this!? ;D

Mike

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #14 on: Jul 15, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Hey, we have a trout/deer camp that has been in the family since 1966.  It had a spring that we hauled water from for cooking, drinking, etc.  We used an outhouse when there were no women there.  But we hauled water to a toilet (small septic) when there were women there.  It has had electricity for as long as I can remember.

Women started coming to camp more often when we added the water and shower about 10 years ago.... :'(

We also have a plywood shack... I mean camp... in Quebec.  It's fly-in only.  No power, water, etc.  I wouldn't change a thing.  No women there! ;D  One of the guys with a share in the camp keeps pushing for a generator.  Fortunately, he is always out voted.  Why the hell would I want a generator humming in the background when we are BS'ing around the fire at night, drinking Crown Royal and Canadian beer?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.