MFF US Midwest > Michigan

Perch????

(1/2) > >>

lawnguy:
anyone fish the banana dikes or canals down that way? just curious to if the perch are biting yet.  Went down to the dikes about 10 days ago and only got a carp 26" fun to reel in but what an ugly fish

skulldugary:
Lawnguy,I have'nt fished the d**e since I moved  north but it has produced some of the biggest perch I have ever caught(up to 16").On another note,don't leave anything of value in your vehicle,and be carefull.My truck was stolen,my b/l truck was trashed and 4 others broken in to in one day out there off Roberts Rd..

lawnguy:
I just fished the dikes for the first time and have heard for years of the maaive perch and even walleyes hitting out there!  Thanks for the heads up on the trouble though!!!!!!!  It's horrible that people like us are out enjoying nature and not bothering a soul but are targeted by what I call thugs lookin for a freebie. bastards! anyways.... agian thanks for the heads up.

skulldugary:
Lawnguy, do you walk or ride a bike out there?I rigged my mountain bike with a rack and to that I attatched a milk crate that has a couple of pvc rod holders for poles and the minnow bucket goes in the milk crate, makes for a better trip out.

skulldugary:
Yeah,I hate a stinking thief >:( ,it would'nt do for my 6'7" 250 carcass to catch anyone at that crap.Just thought I'd give you guy's a little heads up.I don't know about now but it used to be a real problem out there.It did'nt stop us from fishing out there though.I left nothing of value in the truck and installed a hidden kill switch and alarm.... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version