FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: merrymeeting prefish  (Read 1452 times)

jibbs

merrymeeting prefish
« on: Jun 12, 2010, 04:30 PM »
pickeralboy and i headed to new durham to prefish merrymeeting for next weekends tourney........the conditions were pretty good with no wind and showers........rain certainly kept the boat traffic down.......anyways, the action was steady all day with lots of surface action......even managed to call up a few smallies  from 20 to 30 feet of water with spooks, sub walks, mann's 1 minus crankbaits, and mann's wake baits........they were absolutely crushing those baits between 6 am and noon.......mike caught most of his fish on texas rigged spidergrubs and senko's.......real nice lake.....hope to  have the same success next week........however, it never works that way.......here's a look......

Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

StingingLips

Re: merrymeeting prefish
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2010, 06:34 PM »
great job guys, thats one of my favorite lakes to fish

hook-set

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2010, 10:49 AM »
nice i have never that many fish in a day on merrymeeting ....even green lol ..nice job jibbs and co. :thumbup_smilie:

james

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2010, 11:05 AM »
nice i have never that many fish in a day on merrymeeting ....even green lol ..nice job jibbs and co. :thumbup_smilie:

No kidding! the last time i saw that many fish up there, was when a school of smelt swam by.

Very nice jibbs, every time you post pics, I thank christ your a bass fisherman. :)

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2010, 12:25 PM »
that's funny james.....we finished the day with atleast 12 to 15 smallies.....all great size......between 2 3/4 and 3 3/4 lbs.....they were hitting topwater crankbaits with a fat wobble......took me a few hours to dial it up, but it worked till about noon and the bite slowed completely.....let's hope the same pattern holds up for next week......never does however........its my type of place to fish......great place to go crankbait fishing.....anyways, thanks for the replies guys.......keep you posted on next week.....oh by the way......we witnessed some awesome lakers in the shallows.......
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Nice Smallies Guys!

Merrymeeting is a very sloooooow fishery....for the nonbass fisherman anyways :laugh: Good Luck out there next weekend ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.