FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Report from the Dead sea...  (Read 1387 times)

LundProv

Report from the Dead sea...
« on: May 18, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Decided to fish memories with my first day off and headed to Bass Lake at about 6AM -- went to local bait store and got some minnows and bee moth -- thought there would be people in the pocket but not a soul...  So, I headed out in front of the old state park and a bit toward the pump and anchored in about 4' of water -- fished till 9:30 and had one 17" walleye and all the 7-8" crappie you could want to catch.  I simply fished a cubbie minnie mite tipped with a bee moth 2' below a leaded float.  Casted it out and popped it back, let it sit a bit and plenty of action.  Probably 10 boats out or so and all were catching fish in the shallows...  Most people commented that there were plenty of crappie - just small...  Was nice to visit an old familiar lake that I used to take my kids to and had countless hours of fun fishing and swimming...

abishop

Re: Report from the Dead sea...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Thanks for the report. I know that there ARE WALLEYE STILL IN THERE BUT ARE FAR AND FEW IN BETWEEN, at least 4 me lol.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 10:30 PM »
Were the crappie whites crappies or black crappies?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 07:02 AM »
Were the crappie whites crappies or black crappies?
90 percent of the crappie from Bass Lake are white. Occasionally you will hook up a black. Both are there. The water is very stained so whites out number the blacks.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 11:10 AM »
90 percent of the crappie from Bass Lake are white. Occasionally you will hook up a black. Both are there. The water is very stained so whites out number the blacks.

Thanks! Another lake to consider for future white crappie broodstock.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

LundProv

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 09:55 PM »
Yes, they were white crappie and I am not certain about the rest of the year but this time of the year, they are easy to target.

den58

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 06:43 AM »
My friends son went there recently and caught 15 walleye kept 9

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.