FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: how soon before we will be able to walk on water?  (Read 1810 times)

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
how soon before we will be able to walk on water?
« on: Oct 26, 2020, 03:31 PM »
I'm so looking forward to ice season this year.
This year's drought played havoc on the whole region (New England) and finding productive waters was the task of the day.
Although here in MA I was able to find productive waters, many places I wanted to try were either overgrown with weeds or to shallow to navigate to where I wanted to fish.

Add to the fact that from a naturalist point of interest, we are due for a seriously cold winter. The kind where nature gets put back to a more balanced level.
There are lots of animals that are normally kept in check by really cold winters (squirrels, chipmunks, etc.)

Unfortunately a really cold winter will probably keep more people indoors, even when the outdoors are better for overall health and mental wellbeing.
I'll start putting my open water gear away and taking out my ice gear, probably before Thanksgiving.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

jibbs

Re: how soon before we will be able to walk on water?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2020, 09:08 PM »
Good question ..I went out Saturday on winni with the nitro ..water is still pretty warm ..managed a number of smallies on silver buddies ..I would like to see the first or second week of December for ice
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Digs

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Two winters ago I was on the ice the day after Thanksgiving last year was a week later. I'm hoping to be on late November......

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2020, 02:21 PM »
Temps seem seasonally normal for this time of year so far here in the midwest. Hopefully that is a good sign for ice at a normal time and a normally cold winter?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2020, 02:44 PM »
You clowns take this garbage over to IS.

Where the heck are the mods to axe this thread???

;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2020, 04:56 PM »
Lizard!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Digs

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2020, 06:12 PM »
You clowns take this garbage over to IS.

Where the heck are the mods to axe this thread???

;D

Lol

Mac Attack

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.