FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout Hike  (Read 1206 times)

westernmas

Trout Hike
« on: Oct 22, 2018, 08:09 AM »
Decided to go on a little hike w my girlfriend, her dog and the spinning rods on Saturday afternoon. We hiked into the spot a good 1.5 miles before getting to the hole that I wanted to fish. I had never fished it but it looked to fishy to not have some spring holdovers. Second cast and I landed a nice rainbow. After about an hour of fishing I had landed 3 bows while my gf could only manage to get in a very strong leaf hatch. The pup had cut his paw pretty good so at that point we decided to head home to clean up his paw.

And hopefully I don’t spot burn my own spot but this panoramic shot is too good to not post.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

zwiggles

Re: Trout Hike
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2018, 08:32 AM »
Very nice! That bow looks like it is good size!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Good work and great picture man. Thanks for sharing.
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Thanks guys.  It was a fun day.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2018, 11:25 AM »
I had a bass tourney yesterday in MA and it was the worst conditions my partner and I have ever fished in via a freshwater lake. I know the big bodies of water up north can get some big swells and chop but no lies we had some 3 and 4 footers breaking around us. some were coming right over the bass boat and we were in a 20' fiberglass. Not to mention the rain until 10:30. All in all we still placed 3'rd and banked some $$ so not bad. .4oz would have landed us in second and almost doubled our earning but that's how it goes. Now, the rods are going away and the lead launchers are coming out.
Wicked Wec

manitron

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Decided to go on a little hike w my girlfriend, her dog and the spinning rods on Saturday afternoon. We hiked into the spot a good 1.5 miles before getting to the hole that I wanted to fish. I had never fished it but it looked to fishy to not have some spring holdovers. Second cast and I landed a nice rainbow. After about an hour of fishing I had landed 3 bows while my gf could only manage to get in a very strong leaf hatch. The pup had cut his paw pretty good so at that point we decided to head home to clean up his paw.

And hopefully I don’t spot burn my own spot but this panoramic shot is too good to not post.

Sounds like a great day,except for the pup paw.   :thumbup_smilie:

seamonkey84

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2018, 12:22 PM »
That is a beautiful pic and spot, thanks for sharing. The fact it’s more than 1/2 a mile from the parking spot will prob put off most of the crowd lol. That’s a nice bow, very dark. Too bad about the pup, hope it’s healing up well.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Nice spot.  I'll make that walk!   ;D

westernmas

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2018, 03:13 PM »
The pup is fine.  He gets so excited on hikes that he is a mad man jumping up and down rocks that he has no business being on.  He gets excited when you catch a fish and he took a nice fall in the water off a slippery rock.  One day he will learn.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.