FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: No Salmon Yet  (Read 1432 times)

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
No Salmon Yet
« on: Oct 17, 2014, 04:26 PM »
just got back from fishing the stillwater and didnt see or catch any salmon :'( :'(. there was a whole bunch of people there, probably at least 10 people. the water is high and running pretty fast but the water is black in color and there isnt good visibility. the salmon should be moving in very soon perhaps by the end of the weekend.

deerhunter

Re: No Salmon Yet
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2014, 06:09 PM »
the black color is from the leaves dropping making the water like tea. the salmon need clear water for spawning. I myself  think that the spawning salmon should be left alone. no other state allows fishing in streams during spawning. even  at the quabben its illegal. why they let people at the chu do it I cant understand.

trout stalker

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2014, 07:27 PM »
the black color is from the leaves dropping making the water like tea. the salmon need clear water for spawning. I myself  think that the spawning salmon should be left alone. no other state allows fishing in streams during spawning. even  at the q its illegal. why they let people at the chu do it I cant understand.

its illegal within so many feet of the q once its closed however I know people that get them legally in certain tributaries.....I do agree with you though should be left alone but tell the guys in new York that lol :laugh:

deerhunter

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2014, 06:33 AM »
those salmon spawn and die and the state captures most of them and retrieves the eggs and sperm.

trout stalker

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2014, 09:39 AM »
those salmon spawn and die and the state captures most of them and retrieves the eggs and sperm.

true they do spawn and die however stripers in the ct river don't just as an example also judging by the population of landlocks in the chu I really don't think the fishing for them during spawn is effecting it negatively.. also with atlantic salmon some do die but 5-10% of them do survive to spawn again google it.....my friend wickpedia fills in the details......but none the less I agree spawning fish should be left alone period even if they do die what good is it if u catch them prior to spawning and keep em :-\

bekro17

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2014, 04:23 PM »
Hopefully this weeks rain will get them moving up stream. I was out all last weekend  and saw a bunch jumping Friday evening and on saturday got only a small 6 inch either native brown or a small salmon. Hard to tell because they look so much a like this time of a year. Went to the lower forty in worcester and they said the action is late and could go in to december until ice.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2014, 05:53 PM »
walked the whole still from dana hill rd to the mouth today and saw one fish. couldnt tell if it was a salmon or a trout but it was about 16in. as soon as i saw it it took off and i never saw it again. yeah I also caught some small salmon or browns. I caught 3 of them which were probably 4-6in long. well at least it shows that the population is good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.