FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Finders????????  (Read 2747 times)

can_of_worms

Fish Finders????????
« on: Jun 16, 2006, 09:14 AM »
This is the place to go for info, so here I am . I am looking for thoughts on fish finders in the $250.00 range. My father in law is looking for one for their new pontoon boat. I don't think that he needs it to be too fancy ( $250.00 ) temp would be a nice feature. any and all thoughts are welcomed , thanks in advance.

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
Re: Fish Finders????????
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Any brand name will take good care of him. In that dollar range, Garmin makes the 250 model, it's one step below there color models which shoots the price upward an EXTRA $250. I got mine on E-bay (this model 250) for $200, has speed and temp, as well as alot of other good features.
I do recommend it for us budget fisherman! I'm sure other brands have good equipment in that range. Good luck, let us know what you go with. Feel free to ask if you want more info on mine
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2006, 10:19 AM »
x67 ice machine by lawrance has color split screen zoom n flasher with temp very portable for about 275                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
OR      [IMG]

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2006, 11:19 AM »
C_O_W,

You may want to check out the electronics section in the gear forum, lot's of stuff in there allready!
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2006, 12:23 PM »
I also have the Garmin 250.  I bought it for just over 250 in April and it's treated me well so far.

Polar

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Alot depends on the type of fishing you do. I like split screen,speed,temp and flasher. Mine also keeps track of battery power, how long the unit been on, the average water temp, bottom alarm ect.It's a Rayethon 470.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.