FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling Rods  (Read 3831 times)

bugman1964

Trolling Rods
« on: Apr 02, 2008, 04:44 PM »
I have been in the market for a couple of new trolling rods and have been shoppin around without much luck price wise. There was an open house at KTP over the weekend and I stopped by and nothing really caught my eye as a deal. I found two okuma trolling rods 8' and two okuma trolling reels for under $100.00 brand new on amazon.com. So I snatched them up before they were gone. Figured I couldn't go wrong for the price. Anyone familiar with okuma products?

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
Re: Trolling Rods
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2008, 05:55 PM »
one of my reels is okuma and it performs just like my daiwa's. The only thing is i can see my daiwa reels lasting longer than my okuma. but being i got it at half the price i cant complain

GUYCANFISH

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Ugly stik 8'3"s and 9's BWD1101
for walleyes and sealine SG-27.

walleyeseeker

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Do you use that 9 footer for planer boards? I just asked the question on the trolling forum about that exact rod.

GUYCANFISH

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Do you use that 9 footer for planer boards? I just asked the question on the trolling forum about that exact rod.
Yup I love those rod good and loose.

Nor Easter

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2009, 01:02 PM »
What do you plan on doing with the rod? Downrigger? Lead line? big 'Bell' or 'Dave-Davis' spinners? Top water? Bottom dragging?

My trolling rods go from extremely light action for topwater Salmon to quite heavy for bottom dragging lead line after togue. All depends what I'm going for.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2009, 07:33 PM »

2nd that...I use the 9' ugly's for riggers, 10' for dipsy's and 6'6" for leadcore.  sealine great lakes 47LC for trout and salmon.
    A Country Boy can Survive!

jacksmelt

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 01:01 PM »
yep uglys rule! and theyre indestructable and cheap compared to the graphite namebrand rods. i use the 6'6'' med hvy for muskie and the 8'med. light for sal. in the lakes.
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.