FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: UGLY STIK PROBLEM  (Read 3955 times)

BJ

UGLY STIK PROBLEM
« on: Apr 18, 2004, 07:26 AM »
The top eyelet on my ugly stik broke so I replaced the tip but that didnt last as usual. I was wondering if anyones knows of a better way of replacing the eyelet or a way that has worked for them. I was also was wondering if I could get just the top part of the rod but I cant find Shakespears web site. Thanks for the help and suggestions.    BJ

raleigh

Re: UGLY STIK PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Not sure BJ, I have replaced a few eyelets on my rods before and I have just used hot glue and they seam to hold up just fine. I love my two ultra light ulgy stick rods. I have never had a problim with them. I use the rods for more river and stream fishing than I do lakes. I will look into finding a web site that will help you out.

BJ

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2004, 07:31 PM »
Thanks Raleigh. Im gonna retry putting a new eyelet on and use a different glue. But if I could find somewhere to buy the top part of the rod,I would do it in a minute. Might try e-bay to see if I can find a cheap fix.

raleigh

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Well BJ, I could not find anything on the web eather. I would try posting a question in general discussion asking if anyone has a replacment part for your ugly stick or if someone knows a web site or store that cary's replacment parts. I have bought a few things from some people on iceshanty and they have always sent me what I have ordered. I would give that a shot. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2004, 09:13 AM »
BJ  -  The Shakespeare web site is www.shakespeare-fishing.com.  I don't know if they would be much help, but I did get some reel schematics that I requested through the web site.  Hope this helps.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

BJ

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2004, 07:08 PM »
Thanks guys. I also found their web site but they dont repair rods anymore. There were a few more site that I found that say they repair ugly stiks and sometimes have sections of rods for sale. Going to keep my eyes open. Thanks for your help,I appreciate it.

moses

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 01:39 AM »
BJ,  I had top eyelet problems also. I glue them on with epoxy and never had another one come off.

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 08:17 AM »
BJ Go to your local archery shop and buy some ferrule cement. You heat it with a match or lighter and smear it on and put on tip. Its there to stay. Hope this helps
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.