FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 597ciHD DI  (Read 10456 times)

John-boat

Re: 597ciHD DI
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 12:30 PM »
Well I finally got a chance to try out the 597.   It's pure awesome.  I have the navionics chip for my area and boy was that nice.  I used to print out lake maps and use those, but you never really knew if you were where you though you were.   This was great, look around the map, find the place you want to fish and click a button.  It guides you right there and you can be EXACTLY where you want to be.  I had the screen slit between the normal graph and the down imaging. That was really cool and gave a great picture so you know exactly what's down there.    I used the flasher to nail some really nice jumbo perch.  As I was leaving found some lakers (at least i'm pretty sure they were)  but the weather was FAR from fair and I had no control of my hands.  Couldn't even tie the line to go after them, I had to call it a day :(

Considering it was a lake I've never fished before I did surprisingly well. And I wasn't out there for that long.  I think this purchase will pay for itself in no time.

icecube

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 12:44 PM »
  Glad to hear you like the 597.  Navionics are a wonderful thing! ;D  Wish I had the down imaging on mine though! :'(

John-boat

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 03:04 PM »
I wasn't going to get the down imaging.  Couldn't justify the money... But, then I did :)  Happy I did.    Sure is an upgrade from my piranhamax 150   ;D

LAKEGEORGEJEFF

« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2012, 08:31 AM »
I bought the same unit.
Sounds like I need an SD card too.
I live in upstate NY .
Can anyone recommend which one would be best?

icecube

« Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2012, 08:15 AM »
  Get the Hot Maps Premium Navionics card that covers the East. ;)  Check the Navionics web site to see what is compatiable with Humminbird 597ci HD DI.  Go to FAQ and look for the question on what chartplotters are compatiable with what charts (maps).  ??? Should take you to the list.

Lake Raker

• SteveK
« Reply #20 on: Apr 17, 2012, 10:27 AM »
I bought the same unit.
Sounds like I need an SD card too.
I live in upstate NY .
Can anyone recommend which one would be best?

Don't be afraid to get an older one even used. I upgraded mine and saw no new detail on the lakes I've fished. Someone here got a perfectly good and accurate map chip for ~$80.

dps

« Reply #21 on: Jun 30, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I just used my Father's day Bass Pro cards (plus about 500) and bought the 597 with down imaging. Anything to look out for when installing  or user tips ? Also has anyone used one much on the ice ?  Just curious on how it worked out, can you run it all day on one of those 9ah batteries ?
Thanks

icecube

« Reply #22 on: Jul 18, 2012, 05:51 PM »
I have run my 597 on the ice,it works real well. It is set up as a portable. I rent a boat in Canada and it works well there too. The navionics works great in the winter. I have run it all day on the ice. Just make sure you turn the light on the screen down to about the #4 setting. That saves your battery a lot when it is set up as a portable. And I run a 7ah battery.

Gary L

« Reply #23 on: Jul 19, 2012, 07:01 AM »
I just bought the Humminbird 788CI HD and the Navionics chip for inland lakes NE. This is all new stuff to me and I have tons to learn before I even try to use the functions it has. I never saw the 797 model at Gander but they had a good sale going on the 788s. I don't know what the difference is but so far I do like the fishfinder and the fact I now know how fast I am trolling and the maps of my local lakes are pretty good with the Navionics chip.

I have not had time to play around with the GPS functions because I am getting all set for a nice fishing trip up to Moosehead Lake in Northern Maine, leaving here early Sat. morning. No time to fish and play with the new gadget until I get up there and can relax. Just hope I don't get lost on a new and very big lake with a GPS that I have no clue on how to use it or set any way points yet. Might have to have the wife read the manual to me while I am driving 10 hours to get there.

JustAndy

« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Let us know how you like your 788.  I'm thinking of buying one and I've been researching a lot.  I found great reviews online: http://www.fishfinders.info/humminbird-788ci-hd-di

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.