FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oil Slick at Oneida Creek On East Side Of Oneida Lake off of Rt 13????  (Read 2266 times)

oneidawalleye

Just got back from Oneida Creek near Marion Manor. The whole creek looks like it has a large oil slick covering the top of the water I believe. My fishing line was totally covered with oil. I was using monofilament. Would like to hear from others that were fishing there tonight for walleye and ran into the same problem.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
  You talking about Sneibal's area?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

oneidawalleye

Yes sir. How are my glow shakey jigheads working out for you?

SNAGGER

Yes sir. How are my glow shakey jigheads working out for you?
   They'll let anybody on here, are you joking or is this for real? you got permission from TJ anyway, what do care how many people fish on Sandy's side!  I'll cut your line if you cross me!!!  :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

oneidawalleye

Hey....its for real. Not making it up. I did see two fishermen with their lines coated with oil.

SNAGGER

Hey....its for real. Not making it up. I did see two fishermen with their lines coated with oil.
  Call the DEC!!!   They have a  Haz mat spill team!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

Hey are those your beads over on S.C ?  You better get Rick stocked up with jigheads, the bucktail bite is about to start!!!  Got a bunch of fillet money burning a hole in my pocket, getting ready to give it to Rick!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishingjason

1-800-457-7362 NYS Spill respose 24 hour line. Takes years to make up for an oil spill. Affects streams for a long time as it kills lots of stream biology.

oneidawalleye

TJ called DEC. They think it might be an algae bloom overgrowth. They have a response team going to check it out. Did you ask about troutbeads on salmon crazy?

oneidawalleye

Yes, those are my beads.

SNAGGER

TJ called DEC. They think it might be an algae bloom overgrowth. They have a response team going to check it out. Did you ask about troutbeads on salmon crazy?
  I'm not a member!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

oneidawalleye

Is Rick open in Cleveland yet?

SNAGGER

Is Rick open in Cleveland yet?

HE BETTER BE!!  I stopped down and saw Peggy a week ago, I think he was playing golf!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.