FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What's the perfect day of fishing for you?  (Read 3767 times)

taxid

What's the perfect day of fishing for you?
« on: Aug 30, 2018, 10:17 AM »
For me it's fishing an isolated scenic undeveloped lake with no jet skis or powerboats flying around. No human noise whatsoever. In fact no outboard motors allowed. Method of choice would not be important. Catching fish IS important with the anticipation of catching a trophy as the lake would have trophy holdover potential. Time of year is in the fall with air temps in the upper 60's.

How about you?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: What's the perfect day of fishing for you?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:15 AM »
For me it's fishing an isolated scenic undeveloped lake with no jet skis or powerboats flying around. In fact no outboard motors allowed. Method of choice would not be important. Catching fish IS important with the anticipation of catching a trophy as the lake would have trophy holdover potential. Time of year is in the fall with air temps in the upper 60's.

How about you?

I think you may have left this one a bit open Cecil. I like to chase multiple species with different tactics throughout the year so a "perfect day" for me can be anything. I love ice fishing over everything so my anticipation is that a perfect day of fishing for me will be one spent on the ice with my old man AND my little guy once he is old enough. I will let you know this ice season as he will be just over 2.
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:49 AM »
No problem being left open.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

centerpinjosh

• live to fish forced to work
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:50 AM »
My perfect day is any day I can get out... Work has cut my fishing time way down... I'm alright with any time I can get

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2018, 12:26 PM »
With my son.

And (soon) with my grandson.

fishinator

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Perfect day of fishing?  Any day I get to go.  It doesn't matter if it's just a few cast at the river on lunch break or an all day trip.

seamonkey84

« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2018, 08:18 PM »
When it comes to open water, I’m with you on the jet skis and pleasure/speed boats. Other than that, slight overcast with only a slight breeze. I like to target multiple species when given the chance, so surface temp in the low 70s and cooler water out just a little deeper so I can go for panfish and bass, or just go a little deeper for trout. Of course being able to catch some quantities with some quality sized fish mixed in. I love ice fishing maybe a bit more, so perfect day would be no snowmobiles racing around, slight overcast no wind and warm enough to fish in just a sweater.
All that said, any day that I can actively use my electronics and get to play my favorite video game gets a plus in my book. Now that I have a panoptix unit, those days will hopefully not be limited to the ice.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2018, 08:22 PM »
I always go with “a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work, whatever that is...”

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2018, 08:46 PM »
Nothing beats nice weather (which to me doesn't necessarily mean sunny and bright) a few of your favorite fishing partners and a good bite.  Sometimes though it could be that couple hours after a long day at work that clears the mind.  I did that today and with 0 fish on the flyrod it still felt perfect.  Even though I knew I was flyfishing like a googan.   :)

Roccus

« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2018, 08:25 AM »
 a perfect day for me is any day I make it home safely.

stripernut

« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2018, 11:41 AM »
It is a hard thing to say, like many, any day out is a good one and I have had many exceptional days on the water... I think at the moment being offshore casting to busting tuna and hooking up, is about as close to a perfect day...

Knot there yet

« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2018, 04:54 AM »
all I need is more of these.Sunset

fishinjohn

« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2018, 06:20 AM »

Any day out on the water is a good day for me... catching or not

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Sep 28, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Im with you John.
Any day with friends and family fishing is good for me.... ;)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Any day like these.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.