FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 1944 times)

abishop

PERCH
« on: May 22, 2020, 02:43 PM »
Was wondering if anyone is planning on hitting up Lake Michigan this weekend for some gold? I know it may be a little early, but, I can remember getting them on the clay flats in June. We need about a week of south winds. Well, I work on the lakefront and the lake has been looking awesome the last couple nights. Wont be long. If any one makes it out, keep us posted. Hope this year is a duplicate of last year. 2019 was the best year I can remember in the past 6 years. We will pray and keep our fingers crossed for another banner year.

abishop

Re: PERCH
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 05:15 PM »
I think they used to have a closed season in Illinois during June. (Supposedly due to spawn)?

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 05:30 PM »
I think they closed perch fishing till july 2021.

JK ??? I hope lol

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 09:51 PM »
Illinois shuts down for a little while in "summer months".
Used to be shut down all of july. They have changed it in recent years i do know, im not exact sure on the dates so i wont even try to say an idea of them.

Indiana stays open. I too am waiting for the perch to come. I will wait until june though.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

MC_angler

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 07:18 AM »
IF you go, try 45-55 feet. Most of the perch are out deeper and spawning right now. LOTS of males in the 7-8 range in Michigan City north by the condos yesterday

hookitNcookit

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 11:36 AM »
You cant take any lake michigan yellow perch in illinois from may 1st thru june 15th its a good thing i found this mess in calumet river and lake calumet, i kept them because i simply wasnt in lake michigan, i tried to find some literature on it but alls i could tell its specific to Lake Michigan yellow perch only, i know they came from lake michigan, lol but i didnt catch em in lake michigan. Any thoughts?? Oh and they werent full of eggs thats also why i kept em, they either layed them already or are feeding getting ready to lay not sure, not too familiar with perch spawn, but i am real familiar with the way they taste!

Daybreak

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 01:28 PM »
Nice mess o perch!  Glad you got some and thanks for the report.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Spooled85

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 08:18 PM »
Those are some Hogg's nice job , in my opinion there is a fine line there . When you go to you spot do you launch on or drive on lake Michigan water to get there ?

hookitNcookit

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 10:39 AM »
Those are some Hogg's nice job , in my opinion there is a fine line there . When you go to you spot do you launch on or drive on lake Michigan water to get there ?
No I didn’t, launched on the little cal and went through the lock

abishop

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 11:32 AM »
With this warm weather coming this week, the perch might work their way in shallower waters. May get a chance to boat a few next Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.