FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: inland lakes  (Read 3062 times)

spoonfed

inland lakes
« on: Jun 08, 2006, 02:01 PM »
  for the guys who don't know i fish mainly big water.  saginaw bay,  lk. michigan,  and huron.  i do and have fished inland lakes but not many and the ones i have are either large( mullet, burt...) or i fish them on the hard water.  even my hard water lakes are few.  i'm not looking for anyone to give up their honey hole just would like to widen my fishing grounds and do some different fishing.  i mainly fish eyes, salmon.  would like to get into some inland eyes, gills,  craps, bows.  but do it some other way than trolling.  jigging being my prefered way.  i've searched maps and reports but just not sure where to go.  any help?

i'm in the saginaw area but willing to travel if it is worth it.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
Re: inland lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2006, 02:11 PM »
dont know to many lakes in your neck of the woods..but if you ever make it down to the oakland county area...pm me..ill give you the skinny..as will walleyechaser...theres some good lakes..you just have to avoid the popular ones.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2006, 02:19 PM »
have you fished wixom lake?

Fishing is life

MIRC!

spoonfed

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2006, 02:43 PM »
have you fished wixom lake?

once. a long while back.  heard good craps in there during spawn.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2006, 02:47 PM »
I dont fish it a ton, but yes ive heard it has good walleye and crappie too. I would assume it gets good gill and stuff. It can get busy in the summer on the main lake by the d**n so id stick to the backer waters.

check your pm

Fishing is life

MIRC!

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Spoon I can help you out if you are near Traverse city too.  I know the lakes around there pretty good.
As far as mid michigan goes I know Holloway and Mott lake really well.

I know Otsego and Grand are good walleye lakes.  Peach lake near West Branch is ok too.

Oakland county lakes like flockshot said I'll be glad to help you on as well.

Wixom and Sanford are really good crappie lakes but they have marginal walleye populations.  Some musky in there too.
Any of the titt's impoundments are going to have good crappies.  Be prepared to fish stained water.

If you want to travel let me know and I'll put you on some small lakes with awesome walleye populations.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Like wallye said they are moslty stained, but when summer comes along, and it gets dry. They dont run the dams. The water then gets crystal clear and you can see to the bottom in 12Ft water. Thats one of the few times i ever see a glimpse of a walleye

I fish smallwood, I have a cottage there. Im up there about 42 weekends in the year, and most of the summer

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.